The lunch box is not complete without a sweet little treat. If you’ve been sending a piece of fruit all week, switch it up with these good-for-you flourless brownies!
I snuck in an ingredient that’s packed with nutrients and healthy fats, and nobody will know it.
This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s make some delicious, fudge-y brownies and get your family to eat some goodness in while we are at it!
Are you ready to take a bite?
Secret veggie ingredient: avocado.
Sprinkle with organic powered sugar (if you’d like), and serve!
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Heat chocolate and butter in a double boiler over the stove until melted
- In a blender, blend avocado until smooth
- Mix avocado into chocolate mixture
- Add in eggs and whisk to combine
- Add in maple syrup, maple sugar (or coconut palm sugar), cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and vanilla
- Add in chocolate chunks and pour into baking dish
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before cutting