Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I am seriously so excited about these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders! They are gluten-free, low carb, paleo-friendly, and SO delicious and easy to make! You will love making these for a weeknight dinner or for a weekday lunch. Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I am so happy to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus (formerly Shenandoah Valley Organic) to bring you today’s air fryer chicken tender recipe! SVO is my go-to trusted chicken company because they pride itself in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms.
Their chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised! Pretty cool if you ask me! Use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you!
Let’s also talk about the air fryer!
- I have this one and I really like it, but one thing to keep in mind is despite the large size of the appliance, you can’t overcrowd the food you are frying so you have to cook in batches.
- It’s not a small appliance, so make sure you have space for it!
- I am really excited about the air fryer! It cooks things SO well. Really, I am super impressed with it and excited to make my chicken tenders and chicken nuggets in it moving forward!
Is air fried food good for you?
So you know I’m not at all afraid of healthy fats, but when I fry foods, I use avocado oil and it can get expensive. I really like that this is such a small quantity of oil, which means money saved! And if you are looking to cut down on some fats, this appliance definitely can help you achieve that. It’s also convenient and super easy.
Do air fryers use oil?
Yes, but a tiny fraction of the amount compared with traditional frying! I like using an avocado oil spray as it makes it super convenient to simply spray the basket, and sometimes the food itself. Make sure to find an avocado spray that lists only avocado oil as the ingredients.
How can I make these NOT in an Air Fryer?
Yes of course!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Follow all the initial steps for coating your chicken.
- Place on your baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes then flip chicken over and cook for another 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy and fully cooked through (165ºF) .
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
For this recipe, we tested and loved two types of coating for the chicken to accommodate those with nut allergies! The first uses almonds as a base and the nut-free version makes a simple swap for ground flax seeds. I also LOVE serving these with the honey mustard dressing from my cookbook, or you can find it here.
Watch the video here:
My favorite ways to use SVO chicken:
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- Apple Cider Braised Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1–1/2 lbs. chicken tenders*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fine almond flour (see note for nut-free version)
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Avocado oil spray
- Pre-heat air fryer to 400ºF.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs.
- In a wide shallow container, whisk almond flour, flaxseed, and all of the seasoning, until combined.
- Dip sliced chicken into the egg, then dredge in flour mixture. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket generously with avocado spray, and place as many chicken tenders in the basket that will fit with plenty of space in between. Spray tenders with additional avocado spray to lightly coat.
- Fry for 10 minutes, flipping once at 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders until they have all been cooked through to reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If using boneless, skinless breasts just cut into strips about 1-1/2″ by 5″.
For a nut-free version, omit almond flour and use all ground flax seed instead.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 294mg
- Fat: 21.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Cholesterol: 184mg
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus.! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
July 16, 2018
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!