Low Carb Paleo Chicken Parmesan
This Low Carb, Paleo Chicken Parmesan made with almond flour is a healthier version of your favorite Italian comfort food dish! It’s breaded to perfection, flavorful, and cooked just right, while also being gluten-free, grain-free, keto, and paleo-friendly! Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus!
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan [Paleo-Friendly]
Chicken parm was my go-to growing up. I ordered it EVERYWHERE. Chicken parmesan platters, subs, you name it, I ordered it! If you’ve tried the Eggplant Parm from my cookbook, you know I take these kinds of dishes VERY seriously.
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus (formerly Shenandoah Valley Organic) to bring you today’s post! Farmer Focus is truly one of my favorite chicken companies because they pride itself on producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. Their chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised, which I LOVE.
Not only is this low carb option healthier and made with good ingredients, it also has that crispy breading that we know and love on our chicken parmesan!
Pair it with zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or gluten-free pasta for the ultimate Italian comfort food!
If you like this recipe, try these other chicken recipes:
- Chicken Marsala
- Easy One-Pan Eggplant Chicken Dinner
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls [VIDEO]
Watch the video:
Low Carb Paleo Chicken Parmesan
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (SVO is my trusted go-to brand)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- For the Breading:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Everything Else:
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and water.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, whisk together almond flour and seasoning.
- Dredge chicken in egg mixture, then into breading mixture.
- Bake: Preheat oven 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken cutlets on. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and no pink remains. Fry: Heat avocado oil in a skillet. Once hot, add chicken cutlets. Cook for 5-8 minutes on both sides until golden brown and no pink remains.
- Place chicken cutlets on a baking sheet. Top with marinara sauce and cheese. Bake for 5-8 minutes at 350ºF until cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 742mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 147mg
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
December 6, 2017
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!