This Honey Mustard Chicken Wings recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or baked in the oven, and they are a crowd please. A perfect game day or dinner wings recipe that everybody will love. They are paleo-friendly and totally gluten-free, and get perfectly crispy with the right amount of sauce-y goodness! Made in partnership with Shenandoah Valley Organic, who make my favorite and trusted chicken wings!
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
We are big fans of wings over here. That means we are tough critics! They need to be tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, and the sauce has to be GREAT. I love this honey mustard sauce SO much. It’s also great to dip nuggets in!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Shenandoah Valley Organic to bring you today’s post! I have talked about this company before, and honestly, they are truly the best. I love their integrity, and that they pride itself in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. With all the debate over which chicken to eat (organic, pasture-raised, free range, etc.) I so appreciate their authenticity. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised, how cool is that?
This Farmer Focus Chicken is:
- Farmer owned and raised
- Free range
- Certified Humane, Sustainable
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Animal By Products
- Non GMO Verified
- The code on the label tells you the farm where the chicken was raised
I just LOVE all of that.
How do you make honey mustard?
I love making my honey mustard creamy with this winning recipe below!
How do you make hot honey mustard sauce?
Want a little kick to your honey mustard? Add a little sriracha, cayenne pepper, or my personal vote, red pepper flakes.
If you like these wings, try these other wings recipes:
Want more Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Beef Barbacoa
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
How do you make wings in the Instant Pot
- 3-4 pounds of frozen or fresh wings (we of course love and trust Shenandoah Valley Organic Wings)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water (for Instant Pot)
Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce from the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook
- With paper towel, pat wings dry.
- In large bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add wings and toss in mixture.
- Set trivet in Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water, then set wings on top of trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, or 12 minutes for frozen wings. Remember to turn the pressure valve to SEALING function before cooking.
- While wings cook, whisk together the ingredients for the honey mustard.
- Once done, use quick release function: turn knob to venting.
- Set oven to broil.
- When the pin drops, place wings on rimmed baking sheet with wire rack and broil for 7 minutes, rotating pan half way through, to crisp skin.
- Remove wings from oven and flip. Return to oven to crisp on other side for 7 minutes, rotating pan half way through.
- Once crisp, toss chicken wings with honey mustard and serve immediately with carrot, celery and red pepper sticks. Serve with additional honey mustard if desired!
How to bake your wings:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with slipat or parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel, and then coat the chicken wings in oil, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, flip wings after 30 minutes, and cook for a remaining 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together honey mustard sauce.
- Remove wings from oven and toss them inthe sauce.
- Once coated, place back on the rack and bake for an additional 5 minutes (save extra sauce).
- Remove wings from oven, coat with extra sauce.
This post is sponsored by Shenandoah Valley Organic! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!