This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Honey Mustard Chicken Wings recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or baked in the oven, and they are a crowd favorite. A perfect game day or dinner wings recipe that everybody will love. They are paleo-friendly and totally gluten-free, and get perfectly crispy with the right amount of sauce-y goodness! Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
We are big fans of wings over here. That means we are tough critics! They need to be tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, and the sauce has to be GREAT. I love this honey mustard sauce SO much. It’s also great to dip nuggets in!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus (formerly Shenandoah Valley Organic) to bring you today’s post! I have talked about this company before, and honestly, they are truly the best. I love their integrity, and that they pride itself in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. With all the debate over which chicken to eat (organic, pasture-raised, free range, etc.) I so appreciate their authenticity. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised, how cool is that?
This Farmer Focus Chicken is:
- Farmer owned and raised
- Free range
- Certified Humane, Sustainable
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Animal By Products
- Non GMO Verified
- The code on the label tells you the farm where the chicken was raised
I just LOVE all of that.
How do you make honey mustard?
I love making my honey mustard creamy with this winning recipe below!
Watch the video:
How do you make hot honey mustard sauce?
Want a little kick to your honey mustard? Add a little sriracha, cayenne pepper, or my personal vote, red pepper flakes.
If you like these wings, try these other wings recipes:
Want more Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Beef Barbacoa
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
How do you make wings in the Instant Pot
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings (Instant Pot or Baked)
- 3-4 pounds of frozen or fresh wings we of course love and trust Shenandoah Valley Organic Wings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water for Instant Pot
Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce from the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook:
- 1/4 cup mayo homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- With paper towel, pat wings dry.
- In large bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add wings and toss in mixture.
- Set trivet in Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water, then set wings on top of trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, or 12 minutes for frozen wings. Remember to turn the pressure valve to SEALING function before cooking.
- While wings cook, whisk together the ingredients for the honey mustard.
- Once done, use quick release function: turn knob to venting.
- Set oven to broil.
- When the pin drops, place wings on rimmed baking sheet with wire rack and broil for 7 minutes, rotating pan half way through, to crisp skin.
- Remove wings from oven and flip. Return to oven to crisp on other side for 7 minutes, rotating pan half way through.
- Once crisp, toss chicken wings with honey mustard and serve immediately with carrot, celery and red pepper sticks. Serve with additional honey mustard if desired!
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
For one thing, you can make them from frozen in the Instant Pot, in 12 minutes. It does take awhile for the pressure to rise, but that’s still time you can be doing something else. It’s just faster, and if you forgot to thaw the wings, you’ll still have dinner in less than an hour!
These look amazing!! Can they be made ahead of time/how do you recommend reheating them?
We have used your recipe to make wings twice now. We love it! Cooking them in the Instant Pot makes them really tender, and instead of finishing them in the oven, we used our air fryer. Delicious! The second time we made them we tossed half of the wings in barbecue sauce and the other half in a teriyaki. 🙂
I’m wondering why use the Instant Pot? Then you end up with two things to wash and clean?. Does the IP make them that much more tender than baking in the oven?
We made these delicious (and addictive) Wings two nights in a row… and had to use a lot of self control not to make three!
I’m really interested in Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce, it looks really delicious and a best sauce for the chicken wings.
I’m wondering how the taste of Dijon Mustard is and if I use another kind of mustard, is this a big difference?
These sound SO good! Love a great honey mustard sauce.
Just made the oven version. Seriously the BEST wings ever! FLAVOR EXPLOSION! ?
My husband and I loved these. The meat fell right off the bone and was so tender. Not dried out at all. The sauce was also delicious. Will definitely be making these for our next party.
YAY. I am so glad you love them!
Paleo AND gluten-free?! I’m impressed…and hungry (but that was a given).
These chicken wings look so meaty! Just the way they should be! And love the honey mustard sauce!!
My boys will love these!
Perfect for parties!
These look perfect just how I like them!! 🙂
That sauce sounds so good! Can’t wait to try these out!
Your honey mustard recipe is amazing, paired with chicken wings?!!? This is sure to be a win! Can’t wait to try them!!