This paleo apple galette is the perfect holiday and fall dessert. It’s easy to prepare, SO delicious, and nobody will know it’s gluten-free and grain-free!
Paleo Apple Galette
When I asked last week on my Facebook page which recipe you wanted first, my Pecan Pie Tarts or this, Pecan Pie won, but not by a landslide. I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but many of you wrote to me looking to prep for your Thanksgiving meals. So… you ask and I deliver!
Throw the dough in the fridge and get ready to wow your guests! They won’t know it’s gluten, grain, and dairy-free!
Look at this perfect buttery crust with gooey warm cinnamon sugar apples. To quote my friend and trusty taste-tester Amy, ” is super flakey and makes me think of an old fashioned pie crust that my grandmother would make (and she’s made plenty in her time).”
P.S. Don’t forget to use my handy apple chart for your baking!
Like this apple dessert? Try these, too!
- Apple Pie Minis
- Apple Nachos
- Upside Down Caramel Apple Cake
- Apple Fritters
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples
- Freezer Friendly Waffle Bites with Caramelized Apples
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 egg yolk, separated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor combine almond flour, tapioca flour, cold butter and sea salt.
- Add in raw honey, and egg (not the additional egg yolk) and process until combined.
- Transfer dough into the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, refrigerate as long as possible- 6-8 hours minimum.
- Remove and roll out between two sheets of parchment paper* until about 12 inches.
- In a bowl, combine apple filling ingredients and toss until completely coated.
- Place filling in the center of your dough and carefully fold the sides up**
- Whisk together one egg yolk, then brush crust with egg yolk mixture and sprinkle with optional coconut sugar or organic turbinado sugar
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until crust is crispy and golden
- Remove and let cool before slicing
- *Don't roll out too too thin
- **Use additional tapioca flour on your fingers if the dough gets a little sticky when working with it
I hope you have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving! What’s the menu item your most excited about this year?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!