This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal recipe is just what you need to make for breakfast! It is as good freshly baked as it is for meal prep. This classic flavor combination smells so good when it is baking, and bonus it’s so easy to put together. This dairy-free and gluten free oatmeal bake doesn’t contain any refined sugars and is a great fiber-rich and filling breakfast or snack.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Everyone has been absolutely loving our new Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, so we decided to make another amazing version!
You CANNOT go wrong with apple and cinnamon baked in an oatmeal, right? This flavor combination reminds me of the little oatmeal packets I used to have when I was a kid, but of course cleaned up and using whole ingredients that I feel good about baking with and eating. It’s so easy to put together, using only one bowl and once it’s mixed together you place it in the oven and forget it. It’s perfect for breakfast, an after school snack or to bring along to a potluck.
What is baked oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is essentially an oatmeal casserole! It combines oats, milk of choice, flavoring and eggs with hands-off baking in the oven!
How do you make baked oatmeal?
It’s so easy!
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Add in your wet ingredients.
- Pour into your greased, or lined with parchment paper, baking dish.
How do you serve baked oatmeal?
There are a few ways you can serve baked oatmeal, besides digging right in with a spoon! You can scoop out a serving into a bowl and add a little extra milk of choice, like a warm cereal. You can slice it and eat is as warm or cold. This makes it a great meal prep options as you can bake it and eat some immediately and pack the rest away for later.
If you like this oat recipe, check out these others:
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats
- Golden Milk Latte Overnight Oats
- Strawberry and Cream Overnight Oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 medium apples, peeled and grated (see note)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" x 8" oven-safe dish. If desired, prepare a parchment sling by cutting out a piece of parchment paper slightly larger than the pan and placing it inside.
- In a large bowl add eggs and whisk to combine. Then almond milk, maple syrup, apple sauce, oil, and vanilla and whisk to fully combine.
- To the wet ingredients add oats, baking powder, chia, cinnamon, salt and grated apples and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared 8"x 8" dish and bake for 40 minutes, until the center is just barely firm.
- Scoop and serve warm as is or with almond milk, or cool and slice into 9 square portions.
- We topped the oatmeal bake with a few pieces of diced apple. Reserve a small piece of the apple before grating if desired to top the oatmeal bake with.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!