This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These healthy Apple Nachos are an amazing kid-friendly snack that is both nutritious and fun! It can be made in under 10 minutes and is perfect to serve at a playdate or send to school to celebrate a birthday. They can be customized based off of what you have on hand and we guarantee will be a hit!
Healthy Apple Nachos
Let’s talk about an easy breezy snack that any member of your family will love. APPLE DESSERT NACHOS. For starters, you can completely customize these. You need apples of course, and then toppings of choice. This is the perfect late night healthy treat, or the perfect after school snack fuel to keep your family going for the rest of the evening.
Each bite loaded with delicious flavor, plus some great healthy additions of nut butter, coconut, seeds, nuts, and well.. chocolate, because we all love chocolate.
Ingredients in Apple Nachos
The best part about this snack is that you can truly substitute in whatever you have on hand! At a minimum the apples are needed. The dark chocolate and the nut or seed butter help “hold” all the toppings, so those are also essential. After that you could substitute in whatever you have or what the kids want!
- Dark Chocolate
- Nut butter or Seed butter
- Coconut Flakes
- Nuts or Seeds
How to Prevent the Apples from Browning
This is a great snack to send to school to celebrate a birthday or to serve at a playdate. If you aren’t serving it immediately you’ll need to “treat” the apples with lemon juice to prevent browning. It’s simple: after you cut the apples squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on them and toss to coat. This will help the apples last longer without browning.
If you like this healthy snack recipe, check out these others:
- Cauliflower Hummus
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites (Gluten-Free and Grain-Free)
- Tart Cherry Coconut Energy Balls (No Bake!)
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Leather
If you like this apple recipe, check out these others:
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Apple Scones
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter (No Added Sugar)
- Easy Slow Cooker Baked Apples
Healthy Apple Nachos
- 2-3 apples
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1/4 cup drippy nut butter see note for nut-free
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons nuts or seeds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Slice apples into wedges. If not serving immediately toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Arrange wedges on a platter.
- Drizzle with dark chocolate and nut butter, if using.
- Sprinkle with coconut, nuts or seeds and raisins.