This easy Chinese Chicken and Broccoli recipe is made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker and is paleo-friendly and SO delicious. It tastes like your favorite Chinese food take-out, without any guilt! Get ready for the ultimate Chinese comfort food made in under 20 minutes and is whole30-compliant!
Chicken and Broccoli (Instant Pot & Under 30 Minutes!)
Growing up, I LOVED Chinese food. No place fancy, just the local junky Chinese place (probably loaded with MSG) was my go-to. Chicken and Broccoli lunch specials happened regularly, so when I say this is the real deal, I mean it! Forget take out with this homemade, easy version!
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make! It comes together in under 20 minutes, and is seriously the ultimate comfort food! Serve it with cauliflower rice for a low carb, whole30 compliant meal, or with white rice!
Want other Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 1-inch knob ginger, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes, as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 10-12 ounces of broccoli florets, about 5-6 cups
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place chicken in the insert of your Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot.
- Add in broth and sauce ingredients.
- Cook on manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Turn the knob to quick release.
- Add in the slurry and mix to combine.
- Press off, then turn on the sauté function. Add in the broccoli on saute for about 5 minutes, stirring often, or until broccoli has softened and sauce has reduced slightly and thickened. Add apple cider vinegar and mix (this won’t add any vinegar taste, just brings out the flavor in the sauce).
- Garnish and enjoy. Serve with cauliflower rice or white rice!
Makes 2-3 portions. Double to make more!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!