This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Chinese American style Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot is so delicious and comes together so quickly! It’s gluten-free, whole30 compliant and is truly a fan favorite for good reason! Scroll down for a video of how it’s made!
Paleo Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
American Chinese take-out food was my favorite when I was a kid. I ordered Chicken and Broccoli lunch specials regularly, so when I say this is the real deal, I mean it! You don’t need to order it when you can make this homemade, easy version with paleo-friendly ingredients! Honestly, it will be on your table quicker than if you ordered it. This version uses whole food ingredients, made in the instant pot and is so delicious!
My favorite part about this recipe is how easy it is to make! It comes together in under 20 minutes, and is seriously the ultimate comfort food!
Here is what’s in it:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- chicken broth
coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
sesame oil and seeds
- salt and pepper
apple cider vinegar
arrowroot or tapioca starch
What to serve with this Chicken and Broccoli Instant Pot:
- Cauliflower rice (for a paleo, low carb, whole30 compliant meal)
- White Rice
- Mixed Veggies
- Rice Noodles
Want other Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
If you like this takeout recipe, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef (Paleo)
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Kimchi Fried Rice (Cauliflower Rice or White Rice)
- Ultimate Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Watch the video:
Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 " knob ginger grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10-12 ounces of broccoli florets about 5-6 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Place chicken, broth, coconut aminos, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot. Cover and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, turn the knob for quick release.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot and water to create a slurry. Pour this into the instant pot with the chicken.
- Press off, then turn on the sauté function. Add in the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, or until broccoli has softened and sauce has reduced slightly and thickened.
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix until combined. Press cancel to shut off.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately with cauliflower rice or white rice.