This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Chinese American style Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot is so delicious and comes together so quickly! It’s gluten-free, whole30 compliant and is truly a fan favorite for good reason! Scroll down for a video of how it’s made!
Paleo Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
American Chinese take-out food was my favorite when I was a kid. I ordered Chicken and Broccoli lunch specials regularly, so when I say this is the real deal, I mean it! You don’t need to order it when you can make this homemade, easy version with paleo-friendly ingredients! Honestly, it will be on your table quicker than if you ordered it. This version uses whole food ingredients, made in the instant pot and is so delicious!
My favorite part about this recipe is how easy it is to make! It comes together in under 20 minutes, and is seriously the ultimate comfort food!
Here is what’s in it:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- chicken broth
coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
sesame oil and seeds
- salt and pepper
apple cider vinegar
arrowroot or tapioca starch
What to serve with this Chicken and Broccoli Instant Pot:
- Cauliflower rice (for a paleo, low carb, whole30 compliant meal)
- White Rice
- Mixed Veggies
- Rice Noodles
Want other Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
If you like this takeout recipe, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef (Paleo)
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Kimchi Fried Rice (Cauliflower Rice or White Rice)
- Ultimate Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Watch the video:
Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 " knob ginger grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10-12 ounces of broccoli florets about 5-6 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Place chicken, broth, coconut aminos, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot. Cover and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, turn the knob for quick release.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot and water to create a slurry. Pour this into the instant pot with the chicken.
- Press off, then turn on the sauté function. Add in the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, or until broccoli has softened and sauce has reduced slightly and thickened.
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix until combined. Press cancel to shut off.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately with cauliflower rice or white rice.
Family loved it! Super easy and will go onto my dinner list. One thing is I doubled the recipe and held back a half tbs of coco aminos. I ended up with a little burnt liquid on the bottom. May cut back on the pepper and the salt or use low sodium chicken broth next time. Great easy healthy dinner!
This recipe is next level. So delicious and incredibly easy to make.
Hi, how can you adjust for a crockpot, pls?
I was looking for another 5 star recipe I’d made and came across this one. It looked so easy, and I had all the ingredients except the sesame oil, so I subbed avocado oil. It was wonderful! I cook for a neighbor who, when he likes a particular dish, says, “This is gourmet-ish! I’d pay good money to eat this in a restaurant!” I’m very confident he’ll say that when he tastes this dish. It was so easy to prepare with frozen broccoli florets. Next time, I’ll add some mushrooms. Thank you for a real treat that tastes just like the pros’ food at a fancy restaurant.
Best review ever!
This recipe is easy and delicious! It’s a perfect weeknight recipe. I’ve made it quite a few times now and my entire family eats/loves it!
So happy you love it like we do!
Very nice and good looking recipe
So easy, and the sauce is lick the bowl good!
Do you think you could use frozen broccoli instead of fresh?
Yes, that works just fine! I’ve done it that way. I just ran it under cool water to semi-defrost and then added it in to cook.
Yum! Held on to this recipe for a bit and finally made it the other day. It was such a quick recipe and sooooo delicious! I had a small plate to try it but planned on meal prepping it. My 18 year old son ate it all by the time I woke the next day. I was disappointed. I ended up going to the store the next day and grabbing more stuff to make it. I doubled the recipe and had a plate immediately. He ate the rest by the next morning. This is definitely a new regular in our house. Thanks Lexi!
What type of modifications would need to be made for frozen broccoli?
We LOVE this recipe and have made it dozens of times in the past few months. Absolutely delicious!
Easy recipe to follow. Results… yum! I had to adjust things a little bit because I have a different cooker. Since I eat Paleo and I don’t have a family to feed the chicken and the broccoli were perfect alone. Thanks for creating this recipe!
Easy recipe to follow. Results… yum!
Where is the recipe?
Sorry we had an issue with the website, but it’s all fixed now!