Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot
This easy Chinese American style Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot is so delicious and comes together so quickly! It’s gluten-free, whole30 compliant and is truly a fan favorite for good reason! Scroll down for a video of how it’s made!
Paleo Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
American Chinese take-out food was my favorite when I was a kid. I ordered Chicken and Broccoli lunch specials regularly, so when I say this is the real deal, I mean it! You don’t need to order it when you can make this homemade, easy version with paleo-friendly ingredients! Honestly, it will be on your table quicker than if you ordered it. This version uses whole food ingredients, made in the instant pot and is so delicious!
My favorite part about this recipe is how easy it is to make! It comes together in under 20 minutes, and is seriously the ultimate comfort food!
Here is what’s in it:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- chicken broth
- coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
- sesame oil and seeds
- fish sauce
- fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- apple cider vinegar
- arrowroot or tapioca starch
What to serve with this Chicken and Broccoli Instant Pot:
- Cauliflower rice (for a paleo, low carb, whole30 compliant meal)
- White Rice
- Mixed Veggies
- Rice Noodles
Want other Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
If you like this takeout recipe, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef (Paleo)
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Kimchi Fried Rice (Cauliflower Rice or White Rice)
- Ultimate Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Watch the video:Print
Chinese Chicken and Broccoli (Instant Pot)
This easy Chinese American style Paleo Chicken and Broccoli in the Instant Pot is so delicious and comes together so quickly! It’s gluten-free, whole30 compliant and is truly a fan favorite for good reason!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: paleo, gluten-free, whole30, low-carb
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1″ knob ginger, grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10–12 ounces of broccoli florets (about 5–6 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place chicken, broth, coconut aminos, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot. Cover and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, turn the knob for quick release.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot and water to create a slurry. Pour this into the instant pot with the chicken.
- Press off, then turn on the sauté function. Add in the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, or until broccoli has softened and sauce has reduced slightly and thickened.
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix until combined. Press cancel to shut off.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately with cauliflower rice or white rice.
- Chicken can vary in how much liquid it releases. If your sauce is thin, you can add a bit more thickener, or boil down the sauce using the saute function.
January 8, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!