Let’s just say this Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai is a must-try! It’s a dairy-free, paleo-friendly option that is a hit time and time again. Who needs unhealthy take-out when you can make this delicious and guilt-free dish!
Customize this recipe with your meat of choice and DEVOUR! You can also add in more veggies and eggs to make this a delicious vegetarian dish!
What is your favorite take-out?
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 - 20 large shrimps, cleaned and deveined
- 2 chicken breasts, either cooked and shredded or sliced into small peices
- 3 organic eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast spaghetti squash: Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Brush inside with oil. Place facedown on baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until you can pierce with a fork. Simply scrape out “spaghetti” with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, red onion, mushrooms, carrots, bean sprouts, and scallions. Saute until the onion starts to turn translucent and the mushrooms begin to soften. Add in chicken if using raw and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add in shrimp and cook until the shrimp and chicken are fully cooked through, should take about 5 minutes. If using cooked and shredded chicken, add the chicken in with the shrimp.
- Add three cups of the spaghetti squash to the skillet and pour in the sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Make a space in the center of your pan and add in 3 eggs. Let cook and mix well, so that the eggs are well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Serve warm! Add the optional garnishes of lime, extra scallions, and/or peanuts if desired.
- If you like more of a saucy Pad Thai, taste and add more sauce as desired
- Updated March, 2017
Loading nutrition data...
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
MY LATEST VIDEOS