One-Pan Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
This month it’s all about one-pan meals because they are just the best! Who wants to come home and clean up multiple pans and dishes after a long day? Not this girl! This One-Pan Chicken in Mushroom Sauce makes for a delicious weeknight dinner that everyone will love. Serve it up with a side of roasted veggies, over white rice or cauliflower rice, or even with some zucchini noodles!
P.S. I really really love this ^ Pacific Foods Bone Broth. I always have it on hand for cooking and when I’m too lazy to make broth myself!
In other news, my laptop broke recently. At first this was okay because I have my desktop — but then yesterday it was gross and rainy outside, I wasn’t cooking/shooting and I had work to do. I wanted to work elsewhere for a change, like a cute little coffee shop. No could do, though. I decided to finally bite the bullet and got myself a brand new laptop and MAN, did I forget how nice it is working from anywhere!
In other, other news, I also purchased an Instant Pot (pressure cooker) because they are all the rage right now. I can’t wait to get cooking and experimenting with it. Do you have one? Can you tell me your favorite things to make in it?
Now, back to this dish…
It’s packed with aromatic veggies and a comforting sauce and oh so flavorful. It’s truly a perfect meal!
Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or grass-fed butter
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 container cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 springs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- In a skillet heat oil or butter and sauté chicken for 2-3 minutes, not fully cooked
- Set chicken aside
- In the same skillet add butter, dicd onion, and minced garlic
- Sauté for 2 minutes
- Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, mixing often
- Add back in chicken into the skillet
- Add chicken broth, red wine, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, until sauce thickens
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pacific Foods. All opinions on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen are always my own. My sponsors help make LCK possible!
Do you love one-pan meals as much as I do?
February 25, 2016
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!