This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This dairy-free and gluten-free Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is the ultimate make-ahead fiber-rich breakfast for a busy week, perfect for a breakfast potluck, or snack, and is absolutely the best flavor combo!
I am so excited about this healthy baked oatmeal recipe! Who doesn’t love the combination of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips baked into an ooey-gooey fiber rich breakfast bake? It’s a super simple one-bowl recipe and can easily be made ahead of time, though we do think it is SO TASTY straight from the oven too.
This oatmeal bake is based off of our popular Oatmeal Cups recipe so it has the perfect almond milk (or milk of choice) to oats ratio.
I’ve been using Enjoy Life Foods chocolate for YEARS! All their products are specially made to be free from gluten and the 14 most common food allergens – wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, casein, soy, egg, sesame, sulfites, lupin, mustard, fish, shellfish & crustaceans. They even make all of products in a special allergy friendly facility, which is pretty great. Plus, the chocolate is delicious! I love the dark chocolate chips and the mini chocolate chips for all of our baking, especially this oatmeal!
I find Enjoy Life Chocolate in all of my major grocery stores which is a huge time saving bonus, and you can use their easy Store Locator to find stores near you! PLUS, here’s a special coupon for $2 off their baking chocolate – you can print and use in-store!
How do you make baked oatmeal
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Add in your wet ingredients.
- Pour into your greased, or lined with parchment paper, baking dish.
What Oats Should You Use
- Use rolled oats, not quick cooking oats. If gluten-free, make sure you buy gluten-free rolled oats.
- Can you bake instant oatmeal? The short answer is not really! Instant oatmeal is different than regular oatmeal because it is thinly cut, processed and flavored. They don’t lend the same structure to baked goods as regular oats or quick oats!
- P.S. You can sub out for your favorite nut butter here, or to make it nut-free use sun butter.
Meal Prepping Your Baked Oatmeal
Bake it and eat some immediately and then pack the rest away for later. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes! Once it is fully cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Either defrost overnight in the refrigerator or give it a quick pass in the toaster oven or microwave to heat up!
Whole Tray: To reheat the of tray baked oatmeal, cover and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
Individual Pieces: Bake in your oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes until warmed to your liking, or reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
Want other oatmeal recipes? Try our favorite oatmeal and overnight oat recipes:
- Lemon Poppy Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Golden Milk Latte Overnight Oats
- PB&J Baked Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Bake (Vegan)
Watch The Video:
Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- 2 medium to large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter see note
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds can omit if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips or 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" x 8" oven-safe dish. If desired, prepare a parchment sling by cutting out a piece of parchment paper slightly larger than the pan (for easy removal of bake).
- In a large bowl mash bananas until they are smooth. Add eggs and whisk to combine. Then add peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk, oil, apple sauce and vanilla until fully combined.
- To the wet ingredients add oats, baking powder, chia, salt and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared 8"x 8" dish and bake for 40 minutes, until the center is just barely firm.
- Scoop or cut and serve warm as is or with almond milk, or cool and slice into 9 square portions.
This post is sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
Any way to make this without eggs?
Can you offer replacement for oats?
Not in this one since it’s an oatmeal bake!
This is my favorite baked oatmeal and I make it very often!
Recently told I can’t have eggs. How can I make this without eggs???
Due to a nut allergy, I swapped the peanut butter and almond milk for sunflower seed butter and regular milk. These were delicious!! My husband has even said how much he loves the taste. Such an easy, quick breakfast.
Thank you so much for the recipe. My family loves this baked oatmeal. I followed the directions and it came out perfect.
Great! Easy to make, already have ingredients. I’ve tried other oatmeal bakes from other sites and they tend to come out dry or just not the right texture. This one was exactly what I was hoping for! Great flavor and texture. My daughter loved it too!
This dish is sooo yummy. It’s a bit more moist than I thought so it didn’t work as bars but I was very happy with the flavour and texture. We had it warm with some vanilla ice cream.
I’m just not sure if it should be refrigerated or not
I make this weekly. I have had different combos and it always turns out great; almond butter/peanut butter, honey/maple syrup. It’s always delicious. 🙂 reheats great from frozen, too. Thanks for introducing me to oatmeal bakes.
This already has a ton of reviews, but I always comment on all of the LCK recipes I make 🙂 Worth repeating that it’s simple and quick to make, and yummy for the whole fam. I omitted chocolate chips and it was still great!
This was so delicious the first time i made it (and disappeared so quickly), I went ahead and doubled the recipe the second time around 🙂
I am so happy you loved it!
She did it again! Another delicious recipe! Super easy to throw together this morning for me and my kids. They loved it, too, which is of course a huge plus! Thanks, Lexi!