Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
This dairy-free and gluten-free Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is the ultimate make-ahead fiber-rich breakfast for a busy week, perfect for a breakfast potluck, or snack, and is absolutely the best flavor combo!
I am so excited about this healthy baked oatmeal recipe! Who doesn’t love the combination of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips baked into an ooey-gooey fiber rich breakfast bake? It’s a super simple one-bowl recipe and can easily be made ahead of time, though we do think it is SO TASTY straight from the oven too.
This oatmeal bake is based off of our popular Oatmeal Cups recipe so it has the perfect almond milk (or milk of choice) to oats ratio.
I’ve been using Enjoy Life Foods chocolate for YEARS! All their products are specially made to be free from gluten and the 14 most common food allergens – wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, casein, soy, egg, sesame, sulfites, lupin, mustard, fish, shellfish & crustaceans. They even make all of products in a special allergy friendly facility, which is pretty great. Plus, the chocolate is delicious! I love the dark chocolate chips and the mini chocolate chips for all of our baking, especially this oatmeal!
I find Enjoy Life Chocolate in all of my major grocery stores which is a huge time saving bonus, and you can use their easy Store Locator to find stores near you! PLUS, here’s a special coupon for $2 off their baking chocolate – you can print and use in-store!
How do you make baked oatmeal
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Add in your wet ingredients.
- Pour into your greased, or lined with parchment paper, baking dish.
What Oats Should You Use
- Use rolled oats, not quick cooking oats. If gluten-free, make sure you buy gluten-free rolled oats.
- Can you bake instant oatmeal? The short answer is not really! Instant oatmeal is different than regular oatmeal because it is thinly cut, processed and flavored. They don’t lend the same structure to baked goods as regular oats or quick oats!
- P.S. You can sub out for your favorite nut butter here, or to make it nut-free use sun butter.
Meal Prepping Your Baked Oatmeal
Bake it and eat some immediately and then pack the rest away for later. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes! Once it is fully cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Either defrost overnight in the refrigerator or give it a quick pass in the toaster oven or microwave to heat up!
Whole Tray: To reheat the of tray baked oatmeal, cover and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
Individual Pieces: Bake in your oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes until warmed to your liking, or reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
Want other oatmeal recipes? Try our favorite oatmeal and overnight oat recipes:
- Lemon Poppy Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Golden Milk Latte Overnight Oats
- PB&J Baked Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Bake (Vegan)
Watch The Video:
Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 2 medium to large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (see note)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (can omit if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips or 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8″ x 8″ oven-safe dish. If desired, prepare a parchment sling by cutting out a piece of parchment paper slightly larger than the pan (for easy removal of bake).
- In a large bowl mash bananas until they are smooth. Add eggs and whisk to combine. Then add peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk, oil, apple sauce and vanilla until fully combined.
- To the wet ingredients add oats, baking powder, chia, salt and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared 8″x 8″ dish and bake for 40 minutes, until the center is just barely firm.
- Scoop or cut and serve warm as is or with almond milk, or cool and slice into 9 square portions.
You can sub out for your favorite nut butter here, or to make it nut-free use sun butter.
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
This post is sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
September 21, 2018
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!