Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with chocolate chips are so perfectly chewy, soft, and delicious! The combination of cinnamon, chocolate, and raisins in these are heaven. No one will be able to tell that these are gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
This weekend my family gathered to remember the life of my loving grandmother. As hard as the past few days have been, we try and feel comfort having our family and friends by our side. I got to spend some quality time with my siblings. When my younger brother came across my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, he immediately requested a healthy version of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (his favorite), and of course I set out to do just that. What’s more comforting than a nice chewy oatmeal cookie with a glass of almond milk? Not much! And these cookies will not disappoint!
- Softened butter or coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips (optional)
How to Make Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These cookies are made with a mixer to get that butter light and fluffy. And then the rest of the ingredients are added in. As with most recipes that involve creaming softened butter, it’s best if the rest of the ingredients are around room temperature, like the eggs, that way it doesn’t make the butter too cold and appear curdled.
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs
- Finely process half of the oats
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and beat.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips, and bake!
If you like this oatmeal recipe, check out these others:
- Savory Breakfast Sausage Oatmeal
- Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-Free)
If you like this cookie recipe, check out these others:
- Strawberry and Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies (Allergen Friendly)
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies (With Maple Glaze)
- Molasses Fudge Cookies
- Gluten Free Cut Out Cookies
Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so perfectly chewy, soft, and delicious! The combination of cinnamon, chocolate, and raisins in these are heaven. No one will be able to tell that these are gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
- Author: Lexi
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, softened (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, divided
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and cream together until combined. Add the applesauce and beat for 1 minute until the mixture is smooth.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup until they are a course grind.
- Add the ground and remaining oats, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the mixing bowl and mix in.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Roll into 1.5″ balls and gently pat down on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool on a cooling rack and serve!
Pictures updated April, 2017.
- Calories: 100
- Sodium: 35mg
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!