Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/cupcakes-matcha-coconut-buttercream/
© 2017 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Paleo Cupcakes With Matcha Coconut Buttercream Frosting
Vanilla Cupcakes from the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook
Coconut Matcha Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons almond milk or nut-milk of choice, add another tablespoon if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 9 cup of a regular-sized, 12-cup muffin tin with parchment paper liners or silicone liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
- Add the eggs, sweetener, applesauce, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the lined muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While cupcakes cool, make the frosting.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or using a hand mixer, mix the butter for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and mix on low speed until well blended, then increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of almond milk. Continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute, adding the additional tablespoon of almond milk, or more, if needed for spreading consistency.
- Apply the frosting with a spatula or, for a pretty presentation, using a piping bag and tip. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
*Make sure to let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Loading nutrition data...