This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This baked Cauliflower Parmesan is my new favorite meatless recipe. Breaded cauliflower steaks made into a classic Italian dish that even the meat lover will enjoy! It’s gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, hearty, and so delicious!
Just like my chicken parmesan, we are breading these cauliflower steaks and baking them to perfection with our homemade gluten-free breadcrumb recipe. They are tender, meaty, and seriously SO delicious. I wanted to call this Cauliflower Chicken Parmesan, but there’s no chicken involved here. Cauliflower Parmesan it is!
Topping with sauce and mozzarella cheese and back into the oven they go!
Want other unique cauliflower recipes? Try these:
Breaded roasted cauliflower, sauce, and cheese for the ultimate chicken parmesan fake-out!
Cauliflower Parmesan (Gluten Free)
- 2 small cauliflower heads *see notes
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Breading:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese grated
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove outer leaves of cauliflower. Resting cauliflower on stem, cut off rounded edge and slice two 1½"-thick "steaks", reserving remaining cauliflower florets for other use. Repeat with remaining cauliflower to create 4 "steaks" total.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, whisk together the eggs and water
- In another shallow bowl or plate, whisk together almond flour and seasoning and salt.
- Dredge cauliflower in egg mixture, then into breading mixture.
- Place on greased baking sheet and drizzle oil over cauliflower "steaks" and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out baking sheet and carefully flip cauliflower "steaks", drizzling olive oil on the other size and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Take out baking sheet and turn on broiler.
- Top cauliflower with marinara sauce and cheese and return to oven to broil for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so that it does not burn.
- Serve hot with pasta of choice (gluten free pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash).
This looks delicious! Is it possible to premake the cauliflower “steaks” for a quick week day meal?
These were amazing! Better than I could’ve hoped for! Thank you Lexi!
This was absolutely positively amazing!
I am so glad!
I am not seeing any breadcrumbs in this recipe, you mention gf breadcrumbs and the picture looks like breadcrumbs, am I missing something?
Hi Jane. If you look at the recipe you’ll see “breading”. Our gf “breadcrumbs” is almond flour!
(looks wonderfully savoury and tasty. Going on my list to try next week! Thank you!)
Cauliflower Parmesan?! You are AMAZING!
Wow! I need to make these! These look soooo amazing! XO