Homemade Meat Sauce Recipe
This easy Italian meat sauce recipe is my probably my all-time favorite pasta sauce recipe! It’s an easy homemade meat sauce recipe that is hearty and flavorful, and perfect for a weeknight meal. Make this healthy meat sauce with ground turkey or ground beef, and let it cook nice and slow! It’s gluten-free, paleo-friendly, whole30 compliant, and so yummy! Serve it over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for low carb, or gluten-free pasta!
Homemade Meat Sauce Recipe
I LOVE Italian dishes. Especially a quick and delicious meat sauce! I often make my favorite Italian dishes into healthy versions that I love to dig into, weekly. This spaghetti meat sauce is delicious, always a hit and so versatile! Serve it over zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, the options are endless! I often make a big batch to have for the week, and I never get sick of it!
Want other healthier pasta recipes? Try these favorites:
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Easy Scallop Pasta
- How To Make Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Orange Power Pasta with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
How Do You Make Meat Sauce
Homemade Meat Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 large organic carrots, finely chopped
- 1 pound organic grass-fed beef or ground turkey
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, more for garnish
- Optional: Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Garnish with additional fresh Basil
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add meat to saucepan and let cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil to the pan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. The longer you can let simmer, the better! Taste and adjust spices as desired then remove from heat.
- Serve over zucchini noodles, gluten-free pasta, or spaghetti squash.
April 18, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!