The BEST Gluten Free Lasagna and truer words haven’t been spoken! We took my classic meat sauce recipe and stepped it up a notch for this easy and delicious gluten free lasagna recipe that everyone will love. We use our favorite gluten-free lasagna rice noodles and nobody knows the difference with this comfort food classic!
The BEST Gluten-Free Lasagna
You are going to LOVE this lasagna. It’s great for a crowd, freezable, and so delicious. It’s also a great dish to make if cooking for others (meal train).
How do you layer a lasagna?
- Spread some tomato sauce (or our meat sauce) on the bottom of your dish.
- Next, add a single layer of pasta sheets
- Ricotta Mixture
- Single layer of pasta sheets
- Repeat for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella.
Our favorite gluten-free lasagna noodle brands are:
You can find them both at any majory grocery store in the gluten-free section!
If you like this lasagna recipe, try these other spins on it:
Want other fabulous gluten-free pasta recipes? Try these favorites:
- Gluten-Free BLT Pasta Salad
- Sausage and Spring Veggie Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Creamy Cajun Pasta (Instant Pot)
If you don’t want to use meat sauce, and want to make this a meatless lasagna, you can use my homemade tomato sauce instead!
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 large organic carrots, finely chopped
- 1 pound organic grass-fed beef or ground turkey
- 1 28 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1-3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 16oz. container ricotta
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup basil, sliced and divided
- 1/3 cup parsley, picked and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 10oz. packages of gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add meat to saucepan and let cook until brown and no pink remains, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to the pan and combine.
- Bring tomato sauce to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. The longer you can let simmer, the better! Taste and adjust spices as desired then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile prepare ricotta mixture in a medium bowl by combining ricotta, parmesan, garlic powder, 3/4 cup basil, parsley, eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare gluten-free lasagna noodles 2 minutes less than instructed to cook on package. Drain well and immediately begin assembling lasagna.
- In a 9" x 13" oven-safe container begin layering lasagna starting with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce on the bottom. Then place one layer of noodles, 2/3 ricotta mixture, 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella. Repeat for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella. (See note about alternative preparation)
- Cover with aluminum foil and place lasagna in oven on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and golden in spots.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Alternatively, you can prepare this in two square 8" oven-safe dishes to have one to bake fresh and one for the freezer to bake for another day. You will have to use slightly less of the ricotta cheese mixture for each layer to get 4 layers for each 8" pan to get enough for both. To bake the frozen: defrost in the refrigerate overnight and bake as directed in step 10.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!