How to Make Pecan Milk
This Pecan milk recipe is creamy and rich and is so easy to make! It can be used in almost any recipe calling for almond milk, but it also just taste delicious on its own. We’re walking you through how to make this pecan milk recipe with all the tips and tricks you need!
Pecan Milk Recipe
Everyone has heard of almond milk these days, but did you know it’s possible to make milk out of most nuts? Pecan milk has a nut forward taste and so super creamy and delicious; it’s similar to cashew milk. Like most other nut milks it is also simple to make at home. Actually, pecan milk is one of the easier nut milks to make homemade because it doesn’t require any straining. Pecans are soft nuts, so as long as you soak them and use a high-speed blender, no straining is necessary and the resulting milk is so thick and creamy.
How do you make pecan milk?
- Soak 1 cup of pecans
- Blend pecans and fresh water continuously for 1-2 minutes
- Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
Why You Don’t Have to Strain Pecan Milk
Pecans are such a soft nut that after you are finished blending, there isn’t any pulp that needs to be strained away. And because of this pecan milk is ultra creamy comparatively to other nut milks. Don’t have a high-speed blender? It’s possible to make it without one, but you may have to strain it in order to get it really smooth.
If you like this guide to pecan milk, check out the others in this series:
Check out these recipes that use nut milk:
- Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Antioxidant Smoothie Freezer Pack
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Fudge (Vegan)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats (Gluten-Free)
How to Make Pecan Milk
This Pecan milk recipe is creamy and rich and is so easy to make! It can be used in almost any recipe calling for almond milk, but it also just taste delicious on its own. We're walking you through how to make this pecan milk recipe with all the tips and tricks you need!
- Soak your pecans in cold fresh water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the pecans.
- Place pecans, 4 cups fresh filtered water, pinch of salt and maple syrup (optional) in a high-speed blender and blend continuously for 1-2 minutes, until the nuts are finely ground.
- Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, though it is better the fresher it is. Separation is normal in non-dairy milks, just shake it up before using it.
- These nuts are soft so they do not need to be strained. If however your blender is not able to get the milk fine enough, or to a consistency you are happy with you can certainly strain it! Do this with a clean thin kitchen towel or a nut milk bag.
June 12, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!