This Instant Pot Corn on the Cob recipe makes getting corn on the table a breeze, without heating up your house and keeping all that juicy flavor in the cobs! And the spicy southern compound butter adds just the right amount of flavor to make this corn on the cob stand out!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
IT’S HERE! Southern Fried Chicken Dinner week. Each day this week we’ll be sharing a recipe to complete an epic southern dinner! We’re starting off with this easy corn on the cob, cooked in one of my favorite kitchen appliances: the Instant Pot!
Why Make Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot?
Sure, there are a few other methods you can cook corn: steam, boil, grill. But we feel having this option in your back pocket on the nights when you don’t want to heat up the house with a pot of boiling water, or you don’t already have the grill going, the Instant Pot is the PERFECT way to cook it. Oh, and I can’t forget: THE FLAVOR. Cooking the corn in the Instant Pot yields the juiciest, most flavorful corn thanks to it’s quick cook under pressure. You can choose to leave the husk on during cooking, but we found it easier to take it off beforehand, or even better take it off at the store!
Can I grill the corn instead?
Of course you can! Here’s how to grill corn:
- Preheat your grill for high heat and lightly oil your grate.
- Peel back corn husks and remove silk. Spread out a piece of aluminum foil and add corn, then place 1 tablespoon butter, salt and pepper on each piece of corn.
- Wrap each ear of corn tightly in the aluminum foil. Place on the prepared grill.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until tender!
What is Compound Butter?
Compound butter is simply a mixture of softened butter and flavorful components like herbs and spices. We infuse our butter here with classic southern spices like celery seed, white pepper and cayenne, among others.
What butter do you use?
We here at LCK love pasture-raised grass-fed butter, like Kerrygold or Vital Farms.
Stay tuned for the rest of the week for the Ultimate Southern Dinner:
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Gluten-Free Gravy
- Collard Greens
- Fried Chicken (Hot or Not) + Air Fry, Baking, and Fry Instructions
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch allspice
- 6 small ears of corn, shucked and cleaned (see note)
- Scallions, for garnish
- To make compound butter: place butter, parsley and spices in a bowl and mash together. Transfer the butter to a small piece of parchment and wrap to form a log. Chill the butter until solid, about 1 hour.
- To make corn: set a trivet in Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water, then set shucked corn on top of trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Remember to turn the pressure valve to SEALING function before cooking.
- Once done, use quick release function: turn knob to venting.
- Remove corn and top with compound butter and scallions.
- This recipe is for a 6 or 8 quart instant pot. If your IP is smaller, you may not be able to cook 6 corn cobs at once.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!