Zesty Chicken Bites
These Zesty Chicken Bites are the perfect healthier version of your favorite chicken nuggets!
They are low carb, flavorful, and completely gluten-free and grain-free. A reader favorite and loved by adults and kids alike!
While snowed in last week, I was craving an appetizer-like snack that I could make with the organic chicken breasts I had in the fridge.
I realized that it’s been a while since I’ve had chicken cutlets. My beautiful mom makes killer chicken cutlets.
She made them often growing up and then passed the recipe along to me years ago.
You can bet those days were filled with some delicious chicken parm.
Since those breadcrumbs are no longer in my diet, my task was set! Instead of the whole chicken cutlet thing, I went with bites (or nuggets), call it what you’d like.
And I made them spicy. Amazing. The perfect appetizer when entertaining or just for your football Sunday get together
The perfect appetizer when entertaining or just for your typical Football Sunday get together!
These Zesty Chicken Bites are perfectly crispy. Your friends won’t even know they are healthy and gluten-free!
Read through the comments below to see how others have made this recipe their own!Print
Zesty Chicken Bites
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp water
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour (flax meal makes a great substitution)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese*
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine almond meal/flour and all spices.
- In a separate bowl crack 1 egg and add 1/4 tsp water, whisk together well.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Dredge the chicken pieces into the egg and toss until fully covered.
- Transfer chicken pieces to the spice mixture and coat evenly.
- Place on baking sheet; repeat until all are coated.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes then flip chicken bites over and cook for another 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.9g
- Cholesterol: 142g
January 5, 2014
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!