This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Turkey Salad makes the perfect hearty and healthy dinner (or lunch)! It features lightly seasoned ground turkey and spinach with chopped tomato, artichoke, cucumber, feta and onions over crunchy lettuce. Top it all with a creamy lemon greek yogurt dressing for the best salad ever!
Chopped Mediterranean Salad
Give me all the hearty salads, because they make the best healthy dinners! This chopped salad features ground turkey and spinach with veggies and Mediterranean flavors to spice up your salad routine. It’s all served over hearty lettuce and with the most amazing lemony greek yogurt dressing.
This salad is zesty and full of flavor thanks to tangy additions like marinated artichokes and feta. It’s optionally dairy-free and customizable where you need it to be!
Here’s What You Need to Make It
This list includes ingredients for the salad and the dressing. The full list of ingredients and the recipe instructions are listed at the end of this post.
- Ground Turkey
- Baby Spinach
- Ground Spices
- Greek Yogurt (dairy or dairy-free)
- Salt + Pepper
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Marinated Artichokes
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Hearty Lettuce Greens
We all know and love that salads can easily customized based on what you have on hand.
Turkey: This salad was based off of cooking ground turkey from the start, but certainly if you have leftover cooked turkey or chicken, that would work here!
Greek Yogurt: We tasted this dressing with regular greek yogurt and with a dairy-free almond milk greek yogurt and both work well! Just be sure if you are getting the dairy-free greek yogurt to make sure to grab the sugar-free version.
Veggies: Swap out whatever veggies you don’t have on hand with what you do. Some other veggies that will work well here are bell peppers, cooked zucchini, thinly sliced radishes and any other hearty greens such as kale or Swiss chard.
Feta: Feel free to leave this out if you want to make this dairy-free (along with using dairy-free greek yogurt)
Steps to Make It
There are just a few steps between you and this delicious salad. To make this recipe you need to:
- Cook up the ground turkey and spinach.
- Put together the dressing.
- Prepare raw salad ingredients.
Make it for Meal Prep
This salad is great to make for meal prep, with a few modifications. If you prefer to eat this salad with warm ground turkey, go ahead and meal prep this salad to have a separate container for the salad components and another for the turkey and spinach, that way the meat can be heated up on its own. And of course, with most salads, you’ll want to keep dressing separate and add right before serving.
Keeping all of this in mind, this salad will keep well for 3-5 in the refrigerator.
Looking for more salad recipes? Check out these others:
- Cheeseburger Salad with Mustard Dressing
- Southwest Tuna Salad
- Greek Lentil Salad
- Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
Mediterranean Turkey Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey see note
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 heaping cups baby spinach
- 4 cups hearty greens
- 1 cup canned artichokes chopped
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
For Creamy Lemon Dressing:
- ½ cup greek yogurt dairy-free greek yogurt is ok
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water more as needed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Once hot add ground turkey, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook until no pink remains. Once cooked through, add in spinach and cook until the spinach has just wilted, about 2 minutes. Shut off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk together. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding in more water or lemon juice as necessary to thin the dressing.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide lettuce, artichokes, red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta among four bowls. Divide the turkey mixture on top, then drizzle over 1-2 tablespoons of dressing. Serve immediately. Or see notes about meal prep.
Love this salad! Have made it several times💛