This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A Cheeseburger Salad features all of your favorite burger fixin’s, minus the bun! This salad has some seasoned ground beef, a bit of bacon, lettuce, cheese, tomato, and pickles. Top it all with a savory mustard salad dressing for the best burger salad ever!
It’s customizable and easily made Paleo and Whole30-friendly.
Dare I say it, but I think I like this cheeseburger salad better than a traditional burger with a bun! This salad is delicious, hearty and so flavorful. The burger meat alone is insanely good. It’s cooked up with my classic burger seasoning, and a little (optional) ketchup added in to give it a really umami flavor. And when it’s combined with all that salad fixin’s, it’s out-of-this-world. I also love how customizable this salad is. You have the freedom to add in what you love on your burger! Feel free to get creative with it! And this is easily made Paleo, Keto, and Whole30 friendly for whatever your dietary needs are!
Burger Salad Ingredients
Scroll down for the full recipe!
- Ground Beef
- Burger Seasoning
- Ketchup + Mayo + Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Avocado, diced
- Red Onion
- Shredded Cheddar
It’s pretty easy to customize this salad based on your own dietary needs! Feel free to leave out any salad component that doesn’t work with your restrictions, such as cheese, and substitute it in with what you can have or what you like! The sky is the limit here, and think about what you like to eat with a burger.
You can leave out the cheese and the ketchup to make this Whole30 and Paleo compliant (or use compliant ketchup).
Have leftover burgers? Substitute those instead of cooking up fresh ground beef!
Steps to Make a Cheeseburger Salad
There are three main steps to making this cheeseburger salad:
- Cook the ground “burger” meat!
- Make the amazing mustard dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
Meal Prep Ideas
This salad is great to make for meal prep, with a few modifications. While the burger meat can be eaten cold if you want, this salad is best served with hot or warm burger meat. So the best way to meal prep this salad is to have a separate container for the salad components and the meat, that way the meat can be heated up on its own. And of course, with most salads, you’ll want to dress with the mustard dressing right before serving, so keep that separate too.
Just be careful about what salad components you choose. Obviously, something like sliced avocado will not keep well, so omit that if intending to make this for meal prep.
Keeping all of this in mind, this salad will keep well for 3-5 in the refrigerator.
If you like this salad recipe, check out these others:
Watch The Video:
Cheeseburger Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
For the "Burger":
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning
- 2 tablespoons ketchup optional
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons yellow or dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Big pinch salt and pepper
- 8 cups fresh lettuce chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 strips bacon cooked
- 1 Avocado diced
- ½ cup dill pickle slices
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Once hot add ground beef and burger seasoning. Cook until no pink remains. Once cooked through, add in ketchup (optional) and stir together to combine. Shut off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, pickled and red onion among four bowls. Divide the beef mixture on top, then drizzle over 1-2 tablespoons of dressing. Serve immediately.