Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/one-pan-moroccan-fish/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
One Pan Moroccan Fish
This One Pan Moroccan Fish is a super flavorful and easy-to-prepare weeknight dish! It's got a nice hint of heat and is loaded with hearty veggies! Made in under 30 minutes, this Paleo and Whole30 friendly dish is your ticket to healthy and comforting dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. halibut (or similar firm white fish)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini, garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Open up the canned tomatoes and cut the tomatoes with kitchen shears until they are in small pieces, about 1" or so.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make 4 indentations in the sauce and place the fish in the pan and salt the fish lightly.
- Cover, and let cook until the fish is opaque and a thin knife inserted doesn't have any resistance, about 7 or so minutes.
- Garnish with capers and parsley and serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published in 2014 and updated in 2019 with new photos and an updated recipe.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.