Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/one-pan-moroccan-fish/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. halibut (or similar firm white fish)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini, garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Open up the canned tomatoes and cut the tomatoes with kitchen shears until they are in small pieces, about 1" or so.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make 4 indentations in the sauce and place the fish in the pan and salt the fish lightly.
- Cover, and let cook until the fish is opaque and a thin knife inserted doesn't have any resistance, about 7 or so minutes.
- Garnish with capers and parsley and serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published in 2014 and updated in 2019 with new photos and an updated recipe.
Loading nutrition data...