Looking for an easy, low carb lunch to meal prep? These Paleo Tuna Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce are flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for meal prep lunches all week long. Everybody will love this healthy tuna cakes recipe, and they are made gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, whole30 compliant, and paleo-friendly! This post is sponsored by Genova Seafood.
Paleo Tuna Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Honestly, I was unsure how I felt about cooked tuna until we created these cakes. They are the perfect flavor-packed lunch that is low carb and high in protein. Pair them with this awesome roasted red pepper sauce for the perfect dip!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Genova Seafood to bring you this tuna cakes recipe today. They are my favorite, trusted tuna company. Genova is proud to source 100% of our tuna from fisheries that are MSC certified meaning their tuna is sustainably sourced!
MSC certified products must meet rigorous standards for sustainable fishing practices, like limiting bycatch (unwanted fish), avoiding overfishing and protecting marine environments. Today, only 12% of global wild caught seafood is MSC certified, and Genova Seafood is one of the companies working hard to make a change!
The best premium tuna in the purest olive oil! Always non-GMO, wild-caught, and has 14g of protein in every serving!
How to make tuna cakes
Look at all that jam-packed flavor going into our tuna cakes!
Want other tuna recipes? Try these favorites:
Watch the video here:
Healthy tuna cakes
I know you will love these tuna cakes as much as we do! Enjoy!
For Tuna Cakes
- 2 cans Genova Seafood Tuna, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- In large mixing bowl add all ingredients, and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup tuna mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Repeat with remaining tuna mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add tuna cakes to pan in batches; cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until bottoms are golden.
- Make sauce: Place red peppers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, and spices in blender and blend on high until combined. Pour into serving container and add herbs.
- Serve tuna cakes hot with sauce, or cool and store for later use.
This post is sponsored by Genova Seafood. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!