Mediterranean Tuna Salad with No Mayo!
This paleo Mediterranean Tuna Salad is made with no mayo is packed with veggies, artichokes, capers, avocado, a delicious red wine vinaigrette, and so much more! It is the BEST lightened-up tuna salad perfect for lunch any day of the week and great for meal prepping! Made in partnership with Genova Seafood!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad with No Mayo!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Genova Seafood to bring you today’s recipe! Bored of your classic tuna salad? Me too! I love Mediterranean flavors, and this tuna salad is the perfect lunch! It is nutritious, flavorful, and a fun spin on tuna salad.
Want to know something cool? Genova has started a program called Digital Traceability and it’s pretty awesome. Genova customers simply enter the 10- to 15-digit number located on the bottom of their Yellowfin and Albacore tuna to receive answers to six specific questions:
- What is My Tuna? Visitors are given an initial description of their tuna or other seafood species.
- Where Was My Tuna Caught? These results include a world map showing the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Area where the tuna or other seafood was caught, and a link to a species-specific stock status report from the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF).
- What Fishing Method Was Used? This section includes both the fishing method and vessel size.
- What Fishing Vessel Caught My Tuna? This information includes fishing vessel name, nation of registry and fishing trip start and end dates.
- Where was My Tuna Processed and Canned? The can code indicates where the seafood was processed and canned, which may not necessarily be where it was caught. The processing method is subject to Genova’s strict compliance requirements andstringent Business Ethics and Labor Code of Conduct.
- How Does Genova Support Sustainability?
I love working with companies who are doing their part to show us where our food is coming from!
What are different ways to eat tuna salad?
- On a salad
- On a sandwich
- On a lettuce wrap
- In an avocado boat
- With gluten-free pasta added in
- As a tuna melt
How can I spice up my tuna?
- Add herbs
- Add veggies
- Add a dressing
- Add sriracha
Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Avocado (No Mayo!)
- 2 cans Genova Seafood Yellowfin Tuna or Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperocini, diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Optional: 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Optional olives
- Optional: 1 14.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch fine salt
- Pinch black pepper
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over ingredients and toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired!
- Serve over a salad, on a sandwich, with pasta added in, on lettuce wraps, or in 1/2 of an avocado!
- Omit the optional chickpeas for a Whole30 compliant and Paleo-Friendly lunch!
This post is sponsored by Genova Seafood. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
December 13, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!