This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Sweet Potato Tuna Melts are a delicious and protein packed lunch! Eat them right away or pack they away for an on-the-go meal. I love how customizable they are. Top with avocado, tomatoes, onions, or any vegetables or herbs you have on hand!
Sweet Potato Tuna Melts
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Genova Seafood to bring you today’s recipe! Simple toss all of the tuna salad ingredients in a bowl, place on top of roasted sweet potato buns, top with your favorite toppings, and devour!
This sweet potato tuna bar is such a great idea for game-day entertaining or as a way for your kiddos to have some fun in the kitchen building their own sandwiches!
Watch the video:
Want to know something cool? Genova has started a program called Digital Traceability and it’s pretty awesome. Genova customers simply enter the 10- to 15-digit number located on the bottom of their Yellowfin and Albacore tuna to receive answers to six specific questions:
- What is My Tuna? Visitors are given an initial description of their tuna or other seafood species.
- Where Was My Tuna Caught? These results include a world map showing the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Area where the tuna or other seafood was caught, and a link to a species-specific stock status report from the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF).
- What Fishing Method Was Used? This section includes both the fishing method and vessel size.
- What Fishing Vessel Caught My Tuna? This information includes fishing vessel name, nation of registry and fishing trip start and end dates.
- Where was My Tuna Processed and Canned? The can code indicates where the seafood was processed and canned, which may not necessarily be where it was caught. The processing method is subject to Genova’s strict compliance requirements andstringent Business Ethics and Labor Code of Conduct.
- How Does Genova Support Sustainability?
I love working with companies who are doing their part to show us where our food is coming from!
Sweet Potato Tuna Melts
- Sweet Potato Buns
- 1 sweet potato sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil more as needed depending on the size of the sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Tuna Salad
- 2 cans Genova tuna in olive oil liquid removed
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 3/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise homemade or store-bought mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 roma tomato sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
- Optional: cheddar Cheese sliced thin
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/2 inch rounds and toss with olive oil and sea salt.
- Place sweet potato rounds on the parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While sweet potato is cooking, mix all tuna salad ingredients in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Slice topping ingredients and set aside.
- Once sweet potato buns are ready, place 3 tablespoons of tuna salad on each of the buns. Top with tomato, avocado, lettuce or any other toppings you desire!
- If adding cheese, top each slider with a thin slice of cheddar cheese. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese has melted completely.
This post is sponsored by Genova Seafood. All opinions are always my own!