These PB & J Fat Bombs are so easy to make and the perfect quick snack to have either on-the-go or as a pick-me-up in between meals. These no-bake high-fat bites are made using 5 ingredients and are optionally compatible with low carb and keto diets, are gluten free and vegan!
PB & J Fat Bombs
Fat Bombs are SO TRENDY these days as Keto and low carb diets surge in popularity. Fat bombs are high fat, low (or no) sugar snacks that can keep hunger at bay in between meals and help fuel your brain. These no bake PB & J Fat Bombs are not only super easy to make, but they really taste like Peanut Butter and Jelly without having any jelly in them at all! Additionally, it’s easy to make some swaps for a nut-free version and there is an option to add a touch of sweetness with maple syrup, substitute in a non-caloric sweetener, or leave it sugar free!
What are fat bombs?
Similar to energy balls, fat bombs are small treats or snacks that pack a punch of energy, but instead of being made with ingredients like dates, dried fruit and nuts, fat bombs prioritize ingredients like coconut oil, cacoa butter and other high-fat, low-carb ingredients. They’re also called keto bombs or fat fudge. You don’t have to be on a keto diet however to benefit from eating fat bombs as you only need a small amount to strike down any sudden hunger pangs that will help you making good decisions about your food choices until your next meal!
Are fat bombs healthy?
Everybody is going to have their own personal level of fat that they want to include in their diet. We love that these are heart-healthy fats and fats that fuel your brain like coconut oil. When eaten in moderation fat bombs can help you make better food choices instead of grabbing whatever you can find in a state of hunger, or as a better alternative for a refined-carb high-sugar dessert. These will fill you up when you eat only one because it is a dense amount of fat (or energy).
Like most fat bomb recipes, these are best kept stored in the refrigerator and will last about 5-7 days!
If you like this energy bite recipe, check out these others:
- Tart Cherry Coconut Energy Balls
- Mint Chip Energy Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Bites
- Blueberry Pancake Fat Bombs (coming soon)
- In a stand mixer, hand mixer or with a strong arm beat together the coconut oil and peanut butter just until it is smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, maple syrup and freeze-dried berries.
- Line a 7.5” by 5” container, or a similar size, with a parchment paper sling (for easy removal) and place the peanut butter mixture inside.
- Smooth the top and garnish with additional pieces of freeze dried berries, if desired.
- Refrigerate until set 4-6 hours.
- Remove the set mixture and slice to 12 pieces. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 5-7 days.
- For a keto-friendly version you can either leave out the sweetener all together (we tried and liked it both ways) or you can substitute in a natural non-caloric sweetener like our favorite a granulated monkfruit blend. Also make sure to use a peanut butter with no added sugar.
- Look for freeze dried fruit that has no other additives other than the fruit. You can crush the freeze dried fruit with your hands or with a rolling pin.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!