The BEST Gluten-Free Granola (Video)
This easy gluten free granola recipe is the perfect morning or mid-day treat loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and protein! It is a great refined sugar-free granola recipe that is a staple in our kitchen. You won’t spend money on store-bought granola again! Plus, you’ll get my secret for crunchy granola clusters!
Sick of store bought granola? I was definitely sick of reading labels and seeing so many forms of sugar and additives! I came up with this recipe and everyone who has made it raves about it! Crunchy and delicious; perfect on top of a smoothie bowl, a yogurt fruit bowl, or just as a snack! Plus it makes your kitchen smell AMAZING!
Everybody simply loves this gluten free granola recipe with honey recipe. It’s a family favorite, and great to gift, too!
Are Oats Gluten-Free?
Oats are naturally gluten-free, but stray wheat, rye, or barley can be introduced during the harvesting and transportation. Therefore I always buy gluten-free rolled oats.
Those chunky granola clusters are the BEST.
Eat homemade granola with:
- Nut milk and berries
- Smoothie bowls
- As a snack
- On top of Ice Cream
- With banana or an apple and nut butter
Like this easy granola recipe and want other breakfast recipes? Try these:
How do you make homemade granola
Watch the video:
Gluten Free GranolaPrint
The BEST Gluten-Free Granola (Video)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts/seeds (I use slivered raw almonds, chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and whole raw almonds)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Optional: 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of salt
- Optional: 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 3 tablespoons organic pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic molasses
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1 large egg white, whisked well until frothy
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking sheet liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine organic oats, nuts/seeds, and flaxseed meal, with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice (if using), a dash of salt, and optional coconut sugar if adding.
- In a small saucepan heat the oil, honey, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup, and molasses. Once the mixture starts to boil, take off heat and pour over nut mixture. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white until frothy. Add to the granola mixture and mix well.
- Pour onto baking sheet and bake, until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Add the dried fruit of choice and stir well.
- Let cool, without mixing, and once cool break into clusters and store in an air-tight container for 2-4 weeks.
I generally add the dried fruit as I eat. When mixed in during baking, and then stored I have found that the dried fruit gets hard after about a week. If you are serving the granola right away, feel free to mix them in.
Adding whisked egg whites to the granola helps create clusters and make it extra crunchy!
*** Photos updated May, 2017.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
March 6, 2018
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!