Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/spaghetti-squash-boats-with-homemade-meat-sauce/
© 2013 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Spaghetti Squash Boats with Homemade Meat Sauce
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 large organic carrots, minced
- 1 pound organic grass-fed beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, more for garnish
- Optional: Serve with fresh parmesan
- Optional: Garnish with fresh Basil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ℉ and line a sheet-tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out seeds, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and place face down on the parchment lined sheet-tray. Roast for 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add meat to saucepan and let cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil to the pan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and remove from heat.
- Once the spaghetti squash has cooled, take two forks and fluff the threadlike spaghetti within the boats so it is no longer attached to the walls of the squash. Top the spaghetti squash with meat sauce, fresh basil, and cheese if using.
- Serve hot.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.