This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad is my new summer salad obsession! So much flavor, and simple to prepare. It will be a BBQ staple all season long. It’s naturally gluten-free and made with the option for cheese, making it dairy-free if you want it to be!
Let’s keep with tradition and grill up our corn! Perfectly fresh grilled corn is SO GOOD.
Now to get the kernels off, this way works…
But this way works much better!
Get those kernels off the cob, mix up the delicious sauce, mix together, and devour!
I used to not eat much corn. Not because I couldn’t digest it well, I can digest it decently, but because so much of it is genetically modified. Did you know corn is one of the most GMO crops? NOW I get my corn from my local farmers and feel GOOD about it. Plus, local fresh corn is so so so good. I’ll take it all summer long, please!
I can’t get enough of this salad. It’s easy to make and a different fun way to serve up your corn. A little bit of creaminess, a little tang, and a lot of fresh! Serve them up as a side for anything, but may I suggest this epic tostada?
Watch the video:
Mexican Street Corn Salad [VIDEO]
- 6 ears of corn grilled
- 1/3 cup mayo more as desired
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Optional: 1/3 cup cotija or feta cheese more for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Wrap corn in individual pieces of tinfoil with 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each foil.Place on grill for 15 minutes, turning every 3 or so minutes. After 15 minutes, remove tin foil and let cook until slightly charred. Alternatively, you can boil corn instead of grilling!
- Remove and let cool slightly. Cool enough to cut the corn.
- Cut kernels off of the cob and place into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Pour over corn, garnish, and serve.
Made this for family dinner tonight and it was huge hit! Everyone loved it.
Made this as a part of my Cinco de Mayo spread and loved it! So easy and so delicious. I used canned corn and charred it in the skillet/oven broiler and it turned out just as great!
This salad is so simple and a perfect side dish for a Mexican meal! Delicious!
This was an AMAZING dish! I kept stealing spoonfuls of it before serving it up to a very hungry family! Will keep it on rotation throughout the summer for sure!
This salad is AMAZING. I’ve remade it so many times, and it’s my go-to for warm weather BBQ’s at my house or when I go to others’. I love it!
SO happy you love it Stephanie 🙂
I can’t eat mayo.
What’s the best bet to make this without?
Greek yogurt? Vinaigrette?
How far ahead can I make this salad?
Just made this for the first time and wow! So delicious! The flavors compliment each other so well! Thanks for this amazing recipe!
This is seriously excellent! My entire family loved it and I have some picky kids!
SO glad everyone loved it!! ?
This looks awesome! It’s a favorite of my sister- I will have to make this for her!
I am OBSESSED with Mexican Street Corn. Can’t wait to try this recipe!
I LOVE corn – this looks so so delicious for summer!
This is a great salad for me because I LOVE corn!!
this would be so good using the chipotle paleo mayo! OMG yea! Love it LEX!
I am all about this salad!
🙂 🙂 My summer go-to!
will try it
Can this be served cold or better served warm?
If I can’t get fresh corn on the cob, how many cups of canned corn should I use?