Mexican Street Corn Salad [VIDEO]
This Mexican-Inspired Street Corn Salad is my new summer salad obsession! So much flavor, and simple to prepare. It will be a BBQ staple all season long. It’s naturally gluten-free and made with the option for cheese, making it dairy-free if you want it to be!
Let’s keep with tradition and grill up our corn! Perfectly fresh grilled corn is SO GOOD.
Now to get the kernels off, this way works…
But this way works much better!
Get those kernels off the cob, mix up the delicious sauce, mix together, and devour!
I used to not eat much corn. Not because I couldn’t digest it well, I can digest it decently, but because so much of it is genetically modified. Did you know corn is one of the most GMO crops? NOW I get my corn from my local farmers and feel GOOD about it. Plus, local fresh corn is so so so good. I’ll take it all summer long, please!
I can’t get enough of this salad. It’s easy to make and a different fun way to serve up your corn. A little bit of creaminess, a little tang, and a lot of fresh! Serve them up as a side for anything, but may I suggest this epic tostada?
Watch the video:
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 6 ears of corn, grilled
- 1/3 cup mayo, more as desired
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Optional: 1/3 cup cotija or feta cheese, more for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Wrap corn in individual pieces of tinfoil with 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each foil.Place on grill for 15 minutes, turning every 3 or so minutes. After 15 minutes, remove tin foil and let cook until slightly charred. Alternatively, you can boil corn instead of grilling!
- Remove and let cool slightly. Cool enough to cut the corn.
- Cut kernels off of the cob and place into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Pour over corn, garnish, and serve.
In a greased skillet over medium heat, place tortilla and cover until crispy, tossing after 30 seconds to 1 minute. Make your refried black beans and guacamole. Pile them up and enjoy!
*Depending on how large your corn is, add more mayo and salt as desired. This dish should be on the creamer side.
June 19, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!