Tequila Lime Shrimp
This Tequila Lime Shrimp is packed with flavor, easy to make, and is the absolute perfect summer shrimp dish! It’s ready in under 15 minutes and you can pair it with veggies, zucchini noodles, rice or cauliflower rice for a delicious weeknight or weekend meal in no time. It’s gluten-free, low-carb and paleo friendly!
This Tequila Lime Shrimp recipe is one of those dishes that can be whipped up pretty quickly when you don’t have much else on hand. If you are like me, you’ll likely have some frozen shrimp hanging out in your freezer that can be defrosted quickly and the whole thing cooked up from start to finish in about 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite side dish, over a bed of greens or as tacos!
Here’s what you need:
- butter or oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, about 15-20 shrimp
- salt and pepper
- clear tequila
- 3 limes
- handful of fresh cilantro
How can you defrost frozen shrimp quickly?
Place the frozen shrimp in a bowl with cold water for about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under water for a minute and the shrimp will be ready to go!
What can I serve this with?
Tequila lime shrimp is versatile and you can serve it with so many different sides:
- Cauliflower rice
- White rice
- Spaghetti squash
- Spiraled noodles
- Rice noodles
- As tacos
- Over tender greens
If you like this seafood recipe, check out these others:
- One-Pan Shrimp and Green Beans in Chinese Garlic Sauce
- 3-Ingredient Dijon Salmon (In 10 Minutes!)
- Sheet Pan Cod with Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
- Citrus Mahi Mahi with Avocado Salsa
Watch the video:
Tequila Lime Shrimp
This Tequila Lime Shrimp is packed with flavor, easy to make, and is the absolute perfect summer shrimp dish. Reading in under 15 minutes you can pair it with veggies, zucchini noodles, rice or cauliflower rice for a delicious weeknight or weekend meal in no time. It's gluten-free, low-carb and paleo friendly!
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Once hot and garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes until flagrant, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Increase heat to medium high and add in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 2 minutes until they start to turn pink, turning the shrimp as needed.
- Add in the tequila, lime juice, and cilantro and let cook until shrimp is opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
May 23, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!