Easy Shrimp Curry
This Easy Shrimp Curry is made with a handful of ingredients and comes together so quickly to make for the perfect 30-minute meal. Serve with white rice or cauliflower rice for a Whole30 and Paleo friendly dish.
30-Minute Shrimp Curry
I am currently all about light, easy-to-throw-together meals. More specifically, 30-minutes or less, impress your guest kind of meals! This simple Shrimp Curry is healthy and despite its simple preparation, is a dish to remember. In fact, I first was inspired to create this recipe after a trip to Jamaica when I experienced this amazing shrimp curry dish and I couldn’t stop thinking about it after coming home. While the version I ate there was served with mango jam and pico de gallo, I wanted to recreate it as a simple weeknight meal that isn’t fussy or complicated to put together. And this curry recipe hits all those notes!
- Onion + Garlic + Ginger
- Bell Pepper
- Spices: Curry Powder + Cinnamon
- Coconut Milk
- Lime Juice
- Raw Shrimp
What to Serve with It
Curry is perfect served with rice, of course! Feel free to use traditional white or brown rice, or you can go a lower-carb route and pair this withe cauliflower rice. Another healthier option would be to serve this with spaghetti squash or another veggie noodle!
Watch How To Make Shrimp Curry:
If you like this shrimp recipe, try these other shrimp recipes:
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Blackened Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad
- Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boats with Avocado Crema
Easy Curry Shrimp
This Easy Shrimp Curry is made with a handful of ingredients and comes together so quickly to make for the perfect 30 minute meal. Serve with with rice or cauliflower rice for a Whole30 and Paleo friendly dish.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1" piece fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 pounds raw shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- Heat ghee in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add onions, pepper, ginger and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in curry powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and lime juice and bring up to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drop in shrimp and continue to simmer until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or lime juice as needed.
- Serve hot with white rice or cauliflower rice and a garnish of lime and cilantro.
January 19, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!