Easy Curry Shrimp (VIDEO)
This Easy Curry Shrimp dish is perfect served on its own, served over cauliflower rice or white rice, OR inspired by my recent vacation, served with fresh tortillas, toasted coconut, homemade mango jam, and pico de gallo. Because that flavor combination is just wow! It’s made in under 30 minutes, is Whole30 compliant, and will be a new weeknight shrimp curry favorite.
How to make curry shrimp:
I am currently all about light, Spring-y, easy-to-throw-together meals. More specifically, 30-minutes or less, impress your guest kind of meals! Let’s make the perfect Curry Shrimp dish for dinner in under 30 minutes. Why is it the perfect weeknight meal? Three main reasons: It’s healthy, made with simple minimal ingredients, and it’s E-A-S-Y!
So much delicious flavor goin’ on. Your family will think you spent hours over the stove!
How do you make shrimp curry
Easy Curry Shrimp
This curry shrimp and rice recipe is so simple to prepare because you cook curry shrimp in a flash! Simply make the sauce, cook the shrimp, and serve! We loved having this with mango jam, tortillas, and pico de gallo, or serve it over rice, or cauliflower rice for a low carb option!
If you like this shrimp curry recipe, try these other shrimp recipes:
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Blackened Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad
- Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boats with Avocado Crema
Easy Curry Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, devined and peeled
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or oil of choice
- Curry Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger (1 inch knob)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Optional: 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 14.5-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, juiced, more as desired
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more as desired
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sriracha, more as desired
- Optional: Garnish with chopped scallions
- Optional: 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Optional: 1/3 cup pico de gallo
- Optional: 1/4 cup mango chia jam
- Optional: Serve with my homemade tortillas
- In a skillet, heat butter or oil, then sauté garlic, ginger, and onions for 2-4 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in coconut milk, curry powder, cinnamon, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and let simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired (add in optional sriracha here).
- Serve hot with desired garnishes!
- Coconut option: Place shredded coconut in a dry skillet and toss until toasted.
- Pico De Gallo option: finely dice 1 diced tomato, 1/4 minced onion, 1/4 minced jalapeño pepper. Toss with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, small bunch of cilantro chopped, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Mango Chia Jam: follow these instructions, subbing mango for oranges!
I was selected by American Express to contribue to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
January 19, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!