This One-Pan Shrimp and Green Beans recipe in Chinese Garlic Sauce is the perfect, easy, whole30 compliant weeknight meal made in under 30 minutes!
One-Pan Shrimp and Green Beans in Chinese Garlic Sauce
I love healthy versions of my favorite Chinese food recipes! Growing up, we often ordered Chinese food, and while I have a clear memory of how delicious it was, it’s obvious now how unhealthy those dishes can be. This garlic sauce is thick and flavorful, and reminds me so much of a yummy oyster sauce I used to order as a kid!
I love serving this dish over cauliflower rice, but white rice would be delicious too!
Want other heathy Asian food recipes? Here are some favorites:
Shrimp and Green Beans Recipe
Watch the video:
- 3-4 cups (1 pound) green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons oil, for skillet
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons water, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 3/4 pound shrimp, cleaned
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green beans and season with salt and peppers. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften. Reduce heat and carefully pour 1/4 cup water in hot skillet (it will sputter, so be careful of steam) and cover pan with a tight fitting lid to steam for 10 minutes. Monitor carefully to make sure the water does not completely evaporate before the beans have steamed, adding more if necessary so they do not burn.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together coconut aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and sriracha and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl whisk arrowroot and 4 teaspoon water to make a slurry to thicken the sauce. Set aside.
- Once beans have steamed, uncover and add shrimp and toss. Add in coconut aminos sauce ingredients, mixing to ensure it cooks evenly.
- When shrimp has cooked through, add in slurry and bring to a simmer to thicken. Once thickened, immediately remove from heat.
- Serve hot and serve over cauliflower rice or white rice.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!