This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Thai Curry Soup is my new favorite! I love all things Thai, and I especially love a filling, super flavorful soup. This dish is packed with so many of your CSA and farmer’s market veggies: Summer Squash, Bok Choy, Snap Peas, Basil, and Cilantro. It’ll be a hit of dinner, and then some with leftovers!
Week 3 of my CSA summer series with PaleOMG & Fed and Fit is here! There are now 9 recipes in the series and they are SO amazing. Don’t forget to check out week 1 and week 2. I am in love with this series because I get to bring you all sorts of fabulous recipes with all the fresh ingredients from my farm and backyard, and ones that are in abundance for you, too!
Thai Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil coconut oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 inch stalk lemongrass white part, minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch chunk ginger minced
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms
- 2-3 medium bok choy sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup snap peas
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 13- ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 thai birds eye chilis chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes more to taste
- 1 pound shrimp deveined and peeled
- 2 large zucchinis or summer squashes spiraled (about 13 ounces)
- Optional: 1 to 2 cups cooked rice noodles about 7 ounces uncooked
- Additional basil leaves for garnish
- Additional cilantro leaves for garnish
- Additional lime wedges for garnish
- Additional red pepper flakes for garnish
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and sauté lemongrass, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes until flagrant.
- Add in mushrooms, bok choy, bean sprouts, and snap peas. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add in broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, curry powder, chilis, basil, cilantro, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and mix until shrimp becomes opaque.
- Add in spiralized summer squash or zucchinis, and rice noodles if adding.
- Taste and adjust salt and spices as desired. Garnish and serve hot.
Juli made you Easy Shrimp Skewers with Chard Cilantro Pesto
Cassy made you Thai Chard Shrimp Wraps