This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe is light, fresh, and flavor-packed. This simple salad features cool cucumber complemented by fresh herbs all tossed in a tangy lemon dijon dressing.
Cucumber Dill Salad
This Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe is for when you find yourself googling, “How do you use a lot of cucumbers?” this summer. Because sometimes we just end up with too many cucumbers! First try this one, then add thois Tomato Cucumber Salad with Crispy Chickpeas (& Green Yogurt Dressing) and Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp to your list!
This simple recipe for cucumber salad is just the answer! And it’s a darn good one at that. This recipe is light, refreshing, and makes a great side salad next to all of your grilling mains, seafood, or chicken dishes.
This recipe works with either farm fresh large cucumbers you find in the summer, or if you’re craving a refreshing side it can also work with store-bought English hot house cucumbers. If you are using extra large cucumbers from your garden or the farm feel free to scoop out the seeds and slice in half moon shapes.
- Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and Dijon Mustard: makes up a tangy, spicy base for our dressing.
- Seasonings: we’re adding even more flavor with a blend of salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cucumber: any cucumber you can find will work!
- Herbs: our fresh cucumber salad is rounded out with a mix of fresh dill, parsley, and mint.
How to Make Cucumber Salad
This light, flavorful, and versatile cucumber dill salad takes just 10 minutes to come together!
- Make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, and seasonings.
- Combine: Add the sliced cucumbers to the dressing, then mix in fresh herbs. Toss to combine.
- Marinate and serve: Let the salad sit for 10 minutes, then taste and re-season.
What Kind of Cucumbers Are Best?
Any kind you want! This recipe works with large farm fresh cucumbers or store-bought English hothouse cucumbers. Whatever you can find is great.
If you are using extra large cucumbers from your garden or the farm, feel free to scoop out the seeds and slice them into half moon shapes to make them more bite-sized.
Tips and Notes for Cucumber Salad
- Make it earlier in the day. This cucumber salad gets better as it sits (but not for days!) so the flavors have time to really soak into the fresh cucumber. I recommend making it a couple hours in advance, but if you’re shorter on time, let it sit for 10 minutes or so before serving.
- Use a mandolin to slice the cucumbers if you want them even and thin. If you don’t have a mandolin, a sharp knife will work as well, and I kind of hate the mandolin so you pick!
- Use fresh herbs for the best flavor. Dried herbs will work as well, but you will need to use less since the flavor is more potent.
- Add other veggies. Make your salad a little more colorful by adding sliced cherry tomatoes or sliced red onion.
- Make it cheesy. A sprinkle of feta or goat cheese cheese would be delicious!
- Make it creamy. Add a scoop of mayo or plain Greek yogurt to the dressing for a creamy twist on your cucumber salad recipe. Keep in mind you may need to add more seasonings!
This oh-so-versatile summer side dish can go with just about anything! Here are some of our favorite main dishes to serve alongside this cucumber salad:
- Seared Steak or Garlic and Lime Marinated Flank Steak
- My Go-To 10-Minute Sautéed Shrimp
- Pork Carnitas
- Grilled Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Greek Chicken Kebabs
How to Store
Leftover cucumber salad will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. I don’t recommend freezing it because the fresh texture of the cucumber will be affected, and I don’t recommend it for more than a day or two as it will start to taste more like pickles!
More Summer Side Dish Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
- The Best Spring Mix Salad Ever
- Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Greek Three Bean Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
Watch The Video:
Easy Cucumber Salad with Lots of Herbs!
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- In a large bowl combine oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, garlic powder, pepper and red pepper flakes and whisk to combine.
- Add in the sliced cucumbers and fresh herbs and toss to combine.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, season to taste and then serve.
Love the different herbs in this Lexi! Such a fresh and delicious summer salad! I would LOVE to see zucchini next, it’s my fave .
Wow! This is a really nice and informative post. This recipe very delicious and healthy to eat. I love to eat this salad. Thank you for sharing this post.
Great! This is very delicious to eat. Can you please share a different type of salad recipe? It will very glad for me.
Hey, very nice blog. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
health fitness food
Love the different herbs in this Lexi! Such a fresh and delicious summer salad! I would LOVE to see zucchini next, it’s my fave 🙂
YES YES YES. 🙂 🙂
This is perfect for picnics and barbeques. Thank you for sharing =)
YES! So easy too. I hope you love it!