Grilled Salmon Bowl with Garlicky Kale
This Grilled Salmon Bowl with Garlic Scapes and Kale makes for the perfect summer meal in a bowl. Packed with flavor and fabulous ingredients, this dish is packed with everything you need for a delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner.
Grilled Salmon Bowl Recipe
This Grilled Salmon Bowl is the perfect healthy dinner that will leave you feeling way better than before you ate it. It starts with some perfectly grilled salmon. You can grill either outside or “grill” underneath the broiler in the oven. Then pile that salmon with some garlicky wilted kale, rice and your choice of pairings. This is the perfect spring or summer dinner that is also paleo-friendly, Whole30 and gluten and dairy-free.
Last year was my first year of joining a local CSA and frequenting my new town’s farmers markets. I came home week after week with incredible amounts of produce like this kale and garlic scapes, many of which at a loss of what to do with. (P.S. if you’re looking to save money eating organic, a CSA is an amazing resource). This year I’m working through all the different types of produce I take home to create into delicious meals that can be recreated by you.
Salmon Rice Bowl Ingredients
For the fish:
- Wild Salmon
- Olive Oil
- Dijon mustard
- Coconut Aminos
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic scapes (if available, or garlic cloves)
- Cooked White Rice
Salmon Bowl Toppings:
Top your salmon bowl with whatever you have handy or you think might go well with it. I enjoyed topping mine with these options:
- Soft-boiled eggs
- Sesame Seeds
How to Grill Salmon
There are two choices for grilling this salmon. The first is on a traditional grill outdoors. Though if that isn’t available to you, feel free to “grill” this under your broiler.
To “grill” fish in the oven: Place broiler on high. Place fish on a lined and greased baking sheet and broil for 7 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Add sesame seeds to garnish.
To grill on an outdoor grill: Grease grill and heat to medium. Place fish on a sheet of tin foil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until fully cooked to your liking. Add sesame seeds to garnish.
If you like this salmon recipe, check out these others:
- Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- 3-Ingredient Dijon Salmon (In 10 Minutes!)
- Salmon and Veggies En Papillote (In Parchment Paper Packs!)
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Sage Pesto and Root Vegetables
Grilled Salmon Bowls with Garlicy Kale
These Grilled Fish Bowls with Garlic Scapes and Kale makes for the perfect summer meal in a bowl. Packed with flavor and fabulous ingredients, this dish is packed with everything you need for a delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner.
For the fish
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- Big pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon filets, or fish of choice
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
For Garlicy Kale
- 1 tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter or oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 8 to 10 garlic scapes, diced (or 6 cloves garlic, minced)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For Grilled Salmon:
- In a bowl whisk together fish marinade ingredients and pour over fish. Let sit for 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- To "grill" fish in the oven: Place broiler on high. Place fish on a lined and greased baking sheet and broil for 7 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Add sesame seeds to garnish. Or Cook fish on the grill: Grease grill and heat to medium. Place fish on a sheet of tin foil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until fully cooked to your liking. Add sesame seeds to garnish.
For Garlicky Kale:
- In a skillet heat oil and garlic scapes and sauté until kale is wilted and garlic scapes have softened slightly.
To Assemble bowls:
- Add rice to each bowl. Top with kale mixture, salmon, avocado, cucumber, egg, scallions, and radish slices. Serve and enjoy.
July 6, 2016
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!