Football season is about to be here and that means Sundays for me are filled with game day cooking (my favorite)! I always try to prepare healthy game day foods and this Buffalo Chicken Chili will definitely be on the rotation.
This chili is a must-try, it’s the perfect mix of flavors and textures. It’s hearty, flavorful, and different! It went over big time in my house tonight!
- 1 1/2 pound organic boneless chicken breast (or 3 cups shredded crock pot chicken)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribbs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 large carrot stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushes
- 1 15oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: 1 cup fresh local corn
- Optional: 1/2 Poblano or jalepano pepper, diced
- Optional: 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- Cook chicken: Shredded Crock Pot Chicken or use a rotisserie chicken.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped carrots, onion, celery, peppers, cooked corn, and jalapeño pepper, if using. Cook until veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes and stir well. Add in 3 cups shredded chicken. Add in hot sauce and spices and mix well to combine. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired. Garnish and serve hot.
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!