Football season is about to be here and that means Sundays for me are filled with game day cooking (my favorite)! I always try to prepare healthy game day foods and this Buffalo Chicken Chili will definitely be on the rotation. You can make this buffalo chicken chili recipe in the Instant Pot or on the stove top!
Buffalo Chicken Chili (Instant Pot or Stove Top)
This chili is a must-try, it’s the perfect mix of flavors and textures. It’s hearty, flavorful, and different! It went over big time in my house tonight!
If you like this chili recipe, try these recipes:
- 1 1/2 pound organic boneless chicken breast (or 3 cups shredded crock pot chicken)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribbs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 large carrot stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushes
- 1 15oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: 1 cup fresh local corn
- Optional: 1/2 Poblano or jalepano pepper, diced
- Optional: 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook chicken: Shredded Crock Pot Chicken or use a rotisserie chicken.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped carrots, onion, celery, peppers, cooked corn, and jalapeño pepper, if using. Cook until veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes and stir well. Add in 3 cups shredded chicken. Add in hot sauce and spices and mix well to combine. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired. Garnish and serve hot.
To make in the Instant Pot:
- Add all ingredients into Instant Pot.
- Put on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!