For this week’s Savory Sunday I want to share with you my go-to dish that is delicious and full of flavor. It is the dish I prepare in a pinch on a busy weeknight, or a night I just don’t feel like cooking! Ever have one of those nights? We all do.
What makes this dish even better, aside from how quickly it comes together, is you can make as much or as little as you like, and customize it to fit the needs of whomever you are serving. Vegan? Replace the chicken with zucchini. Looking for seafood? Throw in shrimp. You get the point!
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, more as desired
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes