For this week’s Savory Sunday I want to share with you my go-to dish that is delicious and full of flavor. This Easy One-Pan Eggplant Chicken Dinner is a dish I prepare in a pinch on a busy weeknight, or a night I just don’t feel like cooking! Ever have one of those nights? We all do.
What makes this dish even better, aside from how quickly it comes together, is you can make as much or as little as you like, and customize it to fit the needs of whomever you are serving. Vegan? Replace the chicken with zucchini. Looking for seafood? Throw in shrimp. You get the point!
One-Pan Eggplant Dinner
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, more as desired
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil and garlic. Add sliced onion and eggplant and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until onions are translucent and eggplant is somewhat soft.
- Cut uncooked chicken breast into cubes, and add to the pan. Let cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add in fresh spinach, mix in, and let cook until spinach wilts.
- Add in diced tomatoes and seasoning. Mix and let simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired! Serve hot.
- Vegan? Simply sub out chicken for zucchini and other veggies of choice!