This Easy One-Pan Eggplant Chicken Dinner is my go-to dinner option for those nights when I don’t feel like cooking! It is packed with delicious Italian flavors, seasonal veggies, and is so customizable! Vegan? Replace the chicken with zucchini. Looking for seafood? Throw in shrimp!
The best part about this dish? Such little chopping! I love chopping vegetables, but when I have zero desire to cook, I would rather skip over the prep work and toss everything in a pan.
For this recipe simply chop the eggplant, slice the onion, mince the garlic and BOOM. Prep work is done!
What is your go-to meal when you just don’t feel like cooking?
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, more as desired
- 1/2 teaspoons ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil and garlic. Add sliced onion and eggplant and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until onions are translucent and eggplant is somewhat soft.
- Cut uncooked chicken breast into cubes, and add to the pan. Let cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add in fresh spinach, mix and let cook until spinach wilts.
- Add in diced tomatoes and seasoning. Mix and let simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired! Serve hot.
- *Vegan? Simply sub out chicken for zucchini and other veggies of choice!
- **Photos updated April, 2017.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!