This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick braised One Pan Chicken and Eggplant recipe is going to be on repeat for dinner on nights when you want a delicious healthy meal but don’t feel like investing too much time with hands on cooking. It’s hearty and comforting and customizable based on what you have on hand. It’s gluten-free, low-carb and Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
One Pan Chicken and Eggplant Recipe
Easy dinner alert! This One Pan Chicken and Eggplant dinner is a delicious seasonal dish! It’s as simple as chopping up a few veggies, sautéing in one pan, letting it quickly braise and then dinner is serve! It’s also pretty customizable based on what you have on hand. You can serve it as is for a low carb dish, or you can pair it with rice, cauliflower rice or pasta!
What other veggies can be used in this dish?
The best part about this dish is that you can swap out other seasonal veggies for what you have on hand!
- Summer squash
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Root Vegetables
If you like this one pot recipe, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus
- One Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice
- One-Pot Apple Cider Braised Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Paleo & Keto)
If you like this eggplant recipe, check out these others:
- Tomato, Eggplant, and Chickpea Stew
- Eggplant Lasagna Rollatini
- Moroccan Eggplant (with Chermoula)
- Eggplant Meatballs
Watch the video:
Easy One-Pan Eggplant Chicken Dinner [VIDEO]
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized eggplant cubed
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and eggplant and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until onions are translucent and eggplant is beginning to soften.
- Add chicken and let cook until no longer pink on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spices and let simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in fresh spinach, mix and let cook until spinach wilts.
- Garnish with fresh basil and season to taste.