Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus
Need a delicious light dinner that doesn’t require much cooking and is so DELICIOUS? Then this Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus is just what you need to make tonight! This seasonal and bright dinner is perfect for a night you still want something delicious but don’t want to cook much. It’s also gluten-free, paleo, low carb and whole30 friendly. Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus!
Easy Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Recipe
This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken recipe with asparagus and artichokes is exactly why we love the Instant Pot! It cooks up delicious meals, using mostly hands-off cooking, and quickly! We love how flavorful this dish is with the bright lemon that compliments the earthy artichokes, asparagus and hearty chicken. This meal is pretty low-carb on its own, but if you’d like you can serve it alongside pasta, rice or cauliflower rice.
Of course, not all of the ingredients cook at the same time so there are a few steps in this recipe. It’s not difficult though, and it makes it so that you are mostly just placing ingredients inside the instant pot, and then letting it work it’s magic!
Here’s what you need:
- Farmer Focus chicken breasts
- Dried oregano
- Salt and Red Pepper Flakes
- Chicken stock
- Canned artichoke quarters
- Arrowroot starch
How to Prep Asparagus
Asparagus is in season throughout the spring. Look for asparagus in the store with medium sized spears that have dry tips. Try giving the tips of the asparagus a quick smell, it should be earthy and fresh. If it smells funky, pass on them.
To clean asparagus rinse the spears to remove any grit. The end of the spear is woody. You can snap off the bottom and they will naturally break where the woody part is. Alternatively, if you prefer not to lose too much asparagus you could cut off 1″ of the stem and peel a few layers off of an additional 1-2″ of the spears.
How To Cook Asparagus in the Instant Pot
The timing for this asparagus is based off of fairly average supermarket asparagus. If your asparagus is very thin, you might be better off cooking the asparagus on the saute mode in the lemon broth instead. Simply saute until al dente. For average asparagus:
- Clean the asparagus
- Place in instant pot and cook on low pressure for ZERO minutes. The Instant Pot is cooking the food while it’s coming up to pressure and this is just the correct amount needed to cook the asparagus.
- Use the quick release function
I am so happy to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus to bring you today’s easy Instant Pot chicken recipe! Shenandoah Valley Organic (SVO) is my go-to trusted, farmer focus, chicken company for years now because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms.
These days you can go to the grocery store and *think* that you are picking up chicken that comes from an all-natural sounding brand that does things right, but then unfortunately if you look further into who owns that chicken company, you might be surprised to find out that it’s just the giant chicken manufacturer in this country.
Farmer Focus is building partnerships with growers through a Farmer Focus Business Model
I love that with Farmer Focus you know that they are supporting their farmers and is a company that is working hard to do things right and truly raise and produce the highest quality chicken! Every Farmer Focus product includes a 4-letter farm I.D. that traces your chicken to the farm that raised it. How cool is that? So aside from the best quality chicken (truly), Farmer Focus also delivers the peace of mind that I am supporting hard working family farmers.
SVO chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised!
You can also use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you.
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these others:
- Quick Spicy Italian Chicken in Tomatoes
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Paleo & Keto)
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Ultimate Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
If you like this Instant Pot Recipe, check out these others:
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Pork Carnitas (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker)
- Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
Watch the video:
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus
Need a delicious light dinner that doesn't require much cooking and is so DELICIOUS? Then this Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus is just what you need to make tonight! This seasonal and bright dinner is perfect for a night you still want something delicious but don't want to cook much.
- 1-½ lbs. SVO Farmer Focus chicken breasts or chicken thigh
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1- 15 ounce can artichoke quarters
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place chicken breasts, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, chicken stock, lemon juice and zest in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Mix together to combine and make sure that the chicken is not stacked on top of each other.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes and once done use the quick release function. Remove chicken, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Take 2 tablespoons of brine from the artichokes and place it in the pot. Drain the remainder of the brine and add artichokes and asparagus to the pot. Cook on manual LOW pressure for 0 minutes. Use the quick release function when done.
- Slice the chicken and divide on four plates along with artichokes and asparagus. (see note about warming up chicken)
- If desired you can thicken up the sauce at this point: Press the saute function. Add 1 teaspoon of arrowroot to a small bowl and scoop out some of the lemon liquid and whisk it with the arrowroot to create a slurry. Return it to the pot and let cook until it has thickened to your desired consistency. Drizzle over the chicken, asparagus and artichokes and serve with wedges of lemon.
- The timing for this asparagus is based off of fairly average supermarket asparagus. If your asparagus is very thin, you might be better off cooking the asparagus on the saute mode in the lemon broth instead. Simply saute until al dente.
- Yes this is supposed to say ZERO minutes. The Instant Pot is cooking the food while it’s coming up to pressure and this is just the correct amount needed to cook the asparagus.
- You do not need to thicken this sauce up, this step can be skipped and the sauce served as is.
- If you are looking for a more carb-heavy dinner serve over pasta or with rice.
- If your chicken has cooled too quickly in between steps, place the chicken back in the pot in the liquid when thickening up the sauce to warm up briefly.
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
June 26, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!