Spring produce is back! Asparagus, strawberries, radishes, artichokes… I love this time of year. Just when you think the Winter will last forever, the sun starts coming out, there is less and less need for that heavy jacket, and you’re just about ready to turn the grill on permanently.
Asparagus is one of those vegetables that is just so Spring. My go-to? Simple roasted asparagus seasoned and finished off with a touch of lemon! You can’t go wrong. This season I have made it my mission to explore the ways to use asparagus, though… Salads, soups, you name it!
Let’s kick the season off with this Strawberry Asparagus Salad! Bursting with flavor and full of nutrients. Add in grilled chicken to make it a rounded protein-packed meal (even though asparagus is a good source of protein), and ta-da, a perfect Spring meal!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Optional: 2 organic grilled chicken breasts
- Optional: 2 cups fresh spinach
- Strawberry Vinaigrette: find it here
- Steam asparagus (see method above) until tender and set aside, sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt
- Make bacon using desired method, and if adding chicken prepare your chicken during his step
- Slice strawberries thin
- Make Strawberry Vinaigrette, and place in refrigerator until ready to serve
- For serving dish, lay out steamed asparagus and top with bacon, almonds, and strawberries- drizzle with dressing and set some aside for serving
- For individual salads, place a handful of fresh spinach in the bottom of your bowl, cut up asparagus and place on top, add chicken, bacon, almonds, and strawberries, serve with dressing on the side
Shaved Asparagus and Sausage Sweet Potato Noodle Pasta from Inspiralized
Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds from The Healthy Maven
Sesame Roasted Asparagus from The Corner Kitchen
Cream of Roasted Asparagus Soup from Nutmeg Nanny
Hot and Spicy Balsamic Vinegar Asparagus from Imagina Inventae Intenta
Pan-Seared Halibut with Corn Hash and Asparagus Pureé from Crazy Foodie Stunts
5- Ingredient Asparagus with Curry Sauce from Cookin’ Canuck
Asparagus, Dill, and Onion Egg Casserole from Everyday Maven
Dijon Maple Asparagus from Food Faith Fitness
Spring Harvest Buddha Bowl with a Dill Vinaigrette from With Food & Love
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your favorite way to cook asparagus?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!