Happy Healthy Food Friday from American Express and I! November is HERE. The cold is coming, but more importantly so is Thanksgiving, followed by December and even more holidays. Do you have holiday spirit? I basically am obsessed with every holiday- none too small, and get way too excited.
This month let’s focus on seasonal dishes and Thanksgiving meal ideas. Starting with this HASH. Serve it up without eggs as a dinner side dish, and then have the rest for a breakfast hash- or go all breakfast with it! You’ll have happy friends and family members either way you slice it.
- 2 lb. brussels sprouts, cleaned, outer layer removed, and chopped somewhat fine
- 6 strips nitrate-free bacon
- 2 chicken sausages, chopped
- 1 large orange sweet potato, cubed
- 1 large white sweet potato (or red potatoes), cubed
- 1 apple, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or oil of choice
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American Express are my own.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish? What’s the one dish you wish could be made clean this season?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!