These Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos are the perfect grab and go breakfast filled with all of your favorite breakfast fixings! They are great when cooking for others: neighbors, friends, or family- and of course, when stocking your own freezer for grab-and-go breakfast options!
Classic Homefries from my cookbook, ground Spicy Italian Sausage, bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs and avocado = the ultimate protein packed quick and easy breakfast! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite burrito add-ins!
All of the delicious add-ins! Make them vegetarian or add in the meat!
Wrap them up, put them in a dated ziplock bag, and toss in the freezer!
Classic Home Fries from page 42 of the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter, or oil of choice
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 1/8th teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package nitrate-free bacon, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, more as desired
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1 Spicy Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 4 eggs, soft scrambled
- 1 package gluten-free tortillas or tortillas of choice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon scallions, sliced thin
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
- Heat the ghee in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
Add the minced garlic, diced onion, and diced pepper to the skillet. Cook stirring often, until the vegetables are slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and cook stirring often for about 10 minutes. Add more ghee here if the potatoes are sticking to the pan.
- Add in spices and mix until well combined.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft, tender and golden brown.
- Let cool slightly. Place in a bowl and set aside for assembly.
- While the potatoes bake, cook the bacon, the sausage, and the scrambled egg in three separate skillets.
- For the Italian sausage, heat a medium skillet with ghee or oil of choice. Add the sausage to the pan and cook until fully cooked through and no pink remains. Once cooked through, remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place sausage in a food processor and pulse once or twice. Pour into a bowl.
- Assemble: Lay a tortilla flat. Place home fries, bacon, sausage, black beans, scallions, and avocado in the center of the tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll, making sure to use your fingers to keep in all of the filling while rolling. Either eat right away or wrap individually in tinfoil, freeze or refrigerate to enjoy for later!
- Refrigerator: The burrito will last for 3-4 days.
- Freezer: The burrito will last for up to three months. To thaw the frozen burritos, remove the tinfoil and place the burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 60-90 seconds, or until warmed through. You can also thaw the burrito in the oven: pre-heat oven to 375 °F and bake for 30 minutes in the tinfoil, or until warmed through.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!