Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Hash
This Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Hash is the perfect post holiday meal! It uses a mix of sweet and savory leftovers and will be a huge hit. It’s so delicious and is simple to put together, for a great day-after-thanksgiving breakfast.
Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Hash
We love non-recipe recipe’s over here, and this is the perfect one. While this Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Hash certainly is a recipe, it leaves a lot of room for creativity based off of what you served at your Thanksgiving meal. Using both sweet and savory elements, this hash uses brussels sprouts, potatoes, turkey and cranberry sauce to make the ultimate post holiday meal. Plus, we include some other options to use, just in case you don’t have all the leftovers you need to make it!
Top it with a fried egg, or eat it as is. Either way, it’ll be delicious and dare we say it, maybe even better than the actual Thanksgiving dinner?
Ingredients for Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Hash
Here is what we included in our leftover hash. We went ahead and offered alternatives for each ingredient, just in case you don’t have all of the suggested ingredients.
- Bacon: Start with fresh bacon here!
- Onion: Also, fresh. Using some fresh elements gives this a “new” feel to the hash.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: If you didn’t have roasted brussels, either use fresh (they’ll cook at the same time) or substitute in another hearty vegetable. Or alternatively you could use something like leftover green beans, though you’d want to wait to add those until the end.
- Roasted Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes: If you didn’t have these, go ahead and use fresh potatoes. You must par-boil them first. To do so, boil them until they are just barely tender. Then, finishing cooking them for a few more minutes in the actual skillet with the other leftovers.
- Leftover Turkey Meat: If there is one thing you likely have leftovers of, it’s this! If you didn’t you could substitute in cooked chicken.
- Cranberry Sauce: This sweetness really brings the dish all together! If you didn’t have any leftover cranberry sauce, use a fresh apple. Add it to the skillet along with the brussels sprouts so it can cook all the way through.
- Salt and Pepper: Depending on how well seasoned your original food is will dictate how much seasoning you may need to add. Don’t add any until the end.
If you like this breakfast recipe, try these others:
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast Bake
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
- Potato Pesto Breakfast Skillet
- 3 Ingredient Breakfast Skillet
If you like this leftover Thanksgiving breakfast idea, check out these others:
Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast Hash
This Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Hash is the perfect post holiday meal! It uses a mix of sweet and savory leftovers and will be a huge hit. It's so delicious and is a breeze to put together, for a easy post holiday breakfast.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy, about 7 minutes.. If bacon is excessively greasy, drain all about two tablespoons fat.
- Add onions and brussels and cook until onion is soft and Brussels are starting to get crispy, about 7 minutes.
- Add in potatoes and turkey and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fried eggs, if desired.
- See the post for alternative options for each leftover ingredient.
- This recipe was originally published in 2014, and updated with a modified recipe in updated photos in 2019.
November 25, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!