This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This 3-Ingredient Breakfast Skillet is hearty, flavorful and so quick to make! Using just 3 common ingredients you likely have on hand, you can have yourself a unique weekday breakfast that everyone will love! It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free and Whole30 friendly!
Easy Breakfast Skillet
Maybe you’ve never thought of making a breakfast skillet out of ground turkey, salsa and eggs, but I’m here to tell you it’s super delicious and well worth the 20 or so minutes it takes to make! For me, I’d prefer to skip the sweeter choices at breakfast and instead go for the savory that’s going to fuel me for the day. This easy breakfast skillet does the trick! It’s also super customizable by adding in whatever else you have on hand to make it a bit more special. My one piece of advice for this is to use a good quality salsa, as a lot of the flavor comes from that.
- Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
- Good-Quality Salsa
The options are endless in terms of what you could add in here! You can add in whatever veggie you may have at home such as:
- leftover roasted veggies
- frozen veggies such as corn
Additionally you could change it up a bit and add in some:
- spices such as chili powder or taco seasoning
- canned beans
- leftover rice
Make Ahead Options
While this is already a pretty simple dish to put together, you can optional prepare a batch of the turkey and salsa ahead of time. It will last in the refrigerator from 3-5 days. In the morning you could either heat it up in a pan, toaster or microwave and fry up an egg to top it off with.
Watch how to make it here:
If you like this breakfast recipe, check out these others:
- Savory Breakfast Sausage Oatmeal
- Breakfast Prep Baked Egg Cups
- Breakfast Fried Rice
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-Free)
3 INGREDIENT BREAKFAST SKILLET
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add ground meat and cook, stirring occasionally until no pink remains, about 8 minutes.
- Add in salsa and mix to combine, let cook together until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Crack in 6 eggs and cover skillet until the eggs are cooked through to your desired consistency, about 5-8 minutes.