This Beef Barbacoa is so flavorful and slow cooked to perfection!
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen that we’ve had this beef barbacoa three times in the past three weeks.
As breakfast bowls, as salads, as breakfast skillets, and as lettuce wrap tacos.
It is just the perfect topping or filling for anything.
Perfectly seasoned meat + only a little prep work = my kind of recipe! The tomato sauce also compliments the meat so well!
- 2 1/2 lb. grass-fed beef shoulder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Put broiler on high.
- In a bowl combine rub ingredients.
- Press rub ingredients into the beef shoulder on all sides.
- Broil on high for 4 minutes on each side.
- While in the oven, combine all sauce ingredients in your slow-cooker.
- Once beef is done in the oven, carefully place it into the slow-cooker and set on low for 7-8 hours.
- Once done, assemble as a salad or breakfast bowl with desired toppings: fried plantains, tomato, lettuce, onion, scallion, avocado, etc. or serve as tacos
Shredded beef or shredded chicken? Salad or lettuce wrap tacos?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!