Slow Cooker Carne Asada
This Slow Cooker Carne Asada is the perfect set it and forget it meal. On top of a salad, nachos, in lettuce cups for healthier tacos — the options are endless!
A new series is HERE: Slow Cooker Sunday!! All Fall, I’ll be sharing a slow cooker recipe each Sunday for you to pop in your slow cooker and head out for the day, and then come home ready to eat and/or use for your weekly meal prep!
First of all, happy start of FOOTBALL! If you’ve read my blog for some time, you’ll know I love entertaining and creating spreads for Football Sunday– more than I love watching the games!
Another thing you’ll know if you’ve read my blog for a while is that the slow cooker is one of my all-time favorite kitchen tools for that reason. I love a no-fuss meal, and love not having to slave over the stove to make it!
Slow Cooker Carne Asada
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 480
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (see note)
- 2 oranges, juiced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 pounds flank steak or steak/beef of choice
- Place all ingredients aside from the steak into your blender and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sear the meat on both sides then place into the insert of your slow cooker.
- Pour the blended sauce mixture over the meat and set on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with two forks and serve over a salad, on top of nachos, or in lettuce leaf tacos.
- 1. If you don’t like heat, make sure you scrape out the seeds.
- 2. For Whole30, don’t serve over tortilla chips!
- Serving Size: 6
Are you as excited for this series as I am? I have so many awesome slow cooker recipes coming, and I’d love to hear if there are any you are hoping to see! Feel free to comment below or email me!
September 11, 2016
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!