Whip up this delicious Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde and make some killer guacamole too. Tomatillos and cilantro are bursting out of my CSA, along with carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and celery! You’ll get two recipes in one this week because what is salsa without guacamole? Serve it with all those farm fresh veggies for the ultimate appetizer!
We got married this past weekend. It was SO beyond magical and special. I can’t even wait to share all about it with you!
But first, it’s week EIGHT of the Summer CSA recipe series with my ladies Fed and Fit and PaleOMG. You guys, that means there is TWENTY FOUR recipes in total so far between the three of us, and there is still one week left.
I am about to put this salsa verde on EVERYTHING. I’m going to make shredded salsa verde chicken, salsa verde enchiladas, salsa verde chicken soup, etc. etc. It’s just SO good, and so simple to prepare!
And it’s just so good tossed into some guacamole!
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde & Salsa Verde Guacamole
Write a review
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot peppers, diced (more as desired)
- Pinch sea salt
For the Guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salsa verde
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Fresh veggies, for serving
- Heat oven to broil.
- Toss tomatillos with oil and spread on a baking sheet
- Broil on high for 5 minutes, turn and broil for another 5 minutes until green becomes more paleo and tomatillos are soft.
- Add all ingredients into your blender and pulse until combined. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, smash avocados with a fork. Add salsa verde, garlic granules, salt, and red pepper flakes, if adding. Taste and adjust as desired.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/
Cassy made you BBQ Bacon Onion Bombs
If you’re looking for a way to use up some of this season’s onions AND on the hunt for a creative way to prep a delicious protein, these BBQ Bacon Onion Bombs are to the rescue! They’re a breeze to whip up, burst with delicious flavor, and are so much fun to make. Serve alongside a fresh salad and a baked potato for a complete meal!
Juli made you Lemon Herb & Dill Potatoes
Adding fresh herbs to any dish makes it stand out. And since potatoes and fresh herbs are all in season, they go perfectly together. Have this as a snack, side dish, or even add it to a hash for breakfast!