This new One Pan Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice is an easy and delicious one pan chicken dinner that comes together in a pinch, is packed with flavor, and has all of the protein, carbs, veggies and healthy fats you want for a well-rounded meal! Made in partnership with my friends at Stonewall Kitchen!
One Pan Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
I am so excited to partner with my friends from Stonewall Kitchen to bring you today’s recipe! I have an ever-running list of my favorite products from them (that you can enter to win at the bottom of this post) and up there on that list is their salsa verde! It’s so yummy and adds perfect flavor to this easy one pan dinner!
Some of my other favorite Stonewall Kitchen products (that you can win) include:
- Salsa Verde (of course)
- Bloody Mary Mixes: hello Bloody Mary bar for brunch!
- Maine Maple Syrup: mmm… think pancakes!
- Artichoke Pesto: Summer pasta salad is calling my name with this.
- Roasted Garlic Mustard: on just about everything.
- Garlic Basil Marinara Sauce: you know I’m a big marinara sauce fan, and this one is a state!
- And that’s just to name a few!
This one pan chicken dinner is my new go-to. It’s easy to prepare and packed with flavors that are light enough for a Spring/Summer meal, and hearty enough for a Fall/Winter dish! It’s the perfect anytime-of-year weeknight dinner that is great for leftovers, too!
Want other one pan dinners? Try these favorites:
- One Pan Indian Spiced Chicken and Cauliflower
- One Pan Moroccan Fish
- One Pan Shrimp and Green Beans in Chinese Garlic Sauce
- One Pan Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
- One Pan Eggplant Chicken Dinner
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Rice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 cup good quality chicken broth
- cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a medium heavy bottomed high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Push onion and garlic to the side and add 1 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, add chicken and cook until beginning to brown 5-7 minutes.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper, rice and cauliflower. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and salsa and scrap up any browned bits.
- Let mixture come up to a boil, then cover with a tight fitting lid, and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Stonewall Kitchen. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love their tart cherries and think you’ll love them too! Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!