This Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Recipe is super simple to make and so delicious! Use as a condiment for your next taco night, or just about anywhere.
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
Tomatillos and cilantro are bursting out of my CSA, along with carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and celery! It may sound complicated to make salsa verde but it couldn’t be simpler: broil up some tomatillos and blend with a few other ingredients. Serve it with all those farm fresh veggies for the ultimate appetizer, or use it to make a One Pan Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice dish, in some enchiladas or scooped up with some tortillas.
- Ripe Tomatillos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Pinch sea salt
If you like this salsa recipe, check out these others:
- Skirt Steak with Italian Salsa Verde
- Avocado and Corn Salsa
- 5-Minute Ají (Colombian-Style Salsa)
- Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Toss tomatillos and jalepeno with oil and spread on a baking sheet
- Broil on high for 5 minutes, turn and broil for another 5 minutes until there are charred spots and tomatillos are soft. Let the tomatillos cool for 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined. Let cool.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!